Chapter Thirty-two

Rainy

"How many times does that make it?" I asked him.

He looked at his phone, "Ehh, 15 times already." He said.

This bitch done called over fifteen times already. Michael cussed her out one time and then turned his phone on vibrate.

"Wow, I mean how did she make you feel as a husband to her. I don't mean to bring this up." I asked.

He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Everything was okay until my parents passed. She did cheat one time before but I had forgiven her. But then it was like everything did a whole 360. Everything changed afterwards, I had no shoulder to cry on and her love for me turned into a lust and a money thing. I found myself questioning the got damn marriage more than anything. Six years is a long time but of the same fucking cycle.. you'd be surprised." He said as he ate his food.

We were enjoying our night besides the endless calling of his ex wife. " So, you became an emotional and bitter person because you felt like you didn't have anyone. Am I the only person who actually made an attempt, well more than one attempt to help you?" I asked.

He wiped his mouth, " Yes actually. I have always went to Moe's bar for a long time but when I fell into my trap of the other women, it just wasn't my fill of need. I could talk but I couldn't really talk, like I wanted to." He said.

I swallowed hard and almost choked a little, "I understand that but you know I really wasn't trying to hurt you right- you know from the beginning." I asked.

"Actually yes, I came home, well to my first home that I owned and started tripping. My maids thought that I was literally about to go insane. I destroyed my laptop and everything." He said.

"Damn, that's definitely stress. A lot of stress, I guess we lived the similar life but just knowing that you have one parent living, who doesn't care about you but the money brought them out was just crazy." I said.

He nods, "Yeah it is. Your father is a bastard for doing that. I can't believe that your going through that. He never called or anything did he?" He asked.

"No, but once her death flowed around town the way it did, it wasn't until during the funeral and the day of reading her will. He came but when everything was left to me, it was like he disappeared. I am the only child, so literally half of the people around here knew we were inseparable." I said.

The waiter came back and collected our plates.
" Anything for dessert?" He asked. I looked at Michael, he was already tapping his chin, "Uhh.. get us the Tarte Tatin." He said and he smiled at me.

"Very good sir. I'll be back." He said as he grabbed the menu and walked away.

"What is a Tarta- what's is again?" I asked. He laughed at me. "It's Tarte Tatin, you will love it, it's like an upside down apple tart. It's the bomb, trust me." He said.

" This is so great! I can't believe I'm here in Paris. The place I dreamed of going since I was a little girl. Michael your awesome, thanks babe. I feel like there's a change in the atmosphere now." I said.

He grabs my hand again, " Rainy, my life has forever changed since you tried to help me that day. I felt bad for how I treated you but when I did sleep with Angela and I hurt you, I realized how strong my love is for you. I was just scared." He said.

" I know. I could feel it. I was scared to but I used my bitchy side to mask it. I didn't even think that I could ever fall in love again because of everything I been through. And now that I am more comfortable with you, I would rather be much more near you, than away from you. Something that Angela can't understand." I said.