Chapter Thirteen

I was in the kitchen making some breakfast. Michael had a little sensitive side of him when, I was dressing his wounds. He was able to finish and I helped him get dressed. Once I was done, he was still feeling embarrassed.

I got him ready and I came downstairs. He was still upstairs and I was heading to finish breakfast. This has been a tough week for the both of us. I just feel like I'm willing to take this challenge and help him with anything he needs. He might not share anymore personal information but I just know that this Angela person was not that type and I now have to watch my back, just in case she tries anything stupid.

The hardest thing is that I am starting to have feeling for Michael now. I just cannot tell him yet.

I began to crack the first egg, when there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I said. As I got closer to the door, there was a woman standing there.

I opened the door and the woman looked just like Michael. She smiled so widely at me and she had laughed a little bit.

"Hi are you Michael's new girl or something?" She said.

"Um no, I am just a friend.  My name is Rainy Artis, and who are you?" I asked.

"You are so much prettier than the rest and Oh, I am Michael's sister, Janet. She said as she reached her hand out for me to shake.

I shook her hand and she walked inside.

"Um, what's that?" She asked pointing to the stairlift.

"Oh girl, because of his injuries-" she looked back me.

"Injuries? What the fuck happened to my brother? Did Angela do something to him!?" She yelled.

I held both hands up. "Wait, he never told you about the incident?" I asked.

"No, I haven't talked to my brother in a few weeks. That's why I came by here. He's been depressed lately." She said as she turned to walk up the stairs, Michael was standing there on his crutches.

"Dunk? What are you doing here!?" He yelled from the stairs.

"I came to see you. You stopped calling me. What the fuck happened to you?" She said.

"It's a long story but I am okay." He said hitting the button. "I'm coming down there, um, Rainy is the food ready?" He asked me.

"Um yeah, but take your time and talk to your sister. I'll be in the kitchen cleaning. Um, nice to meet you Janet." I said.

"Nice to meet you Rainy. I like you!" She said.

I smiled and walked back into the kitchen. "The rest? What does that even mean?" I mumbled to myself.

Michael

"So, what made you come out here all of a sudden?" I asked her.

One of my crutches fell and she reached down to grab it. "I came because you haven't called me in a few weeks. Who's the chick? I like her." She asked.

"I told you I am fine, just two stab wounds. And that's just Rainy, she's helping me." I said.

"Wait, you still didn't tell me, how you got stabbed? And where did you meet her at?" She asked.

"Dunk, you annoying me. Does it matter why I got stabbed?" I asked.

"You know how I am about you bro. You know that already!" She yelled.

"Okay! Okay sis, okay. Look, I went to a club and met up with a girl. She took something I said the wrong way and when we got outside, she tried to kill me." I said.