Chapter Eight

Michael

When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I was lost, I was a little confused and I was alone. I thought how close I was to death and I regret even going to the bar. I looked down and my stomach was bandaged and my leg was propped up. It was wrapped by a bigger bandage. The doctor comes in and looked surprised to see me awake.

"Mr. Jackson, I am Dr. Jacob. How are you feeling?" He asked. "Um, I'm in pain for the most part. How did I get here?" I asked. "Well first off the EMS was called and you were rushed here. You had a stab wound to the stomach and to the thigh. The stab wound was very close to your femoral artery in your thigh, so you lost a pretty good amount of blood. Had that artery been hit, you wouldn't be looking at me right now. Also, your abdomen wound was a pretty simple fix." He said.

That brought tears to my eyes because I almost died last night because of that bitch. If only I stayed home last night, I wouldn't be here. Wait a minute I wonder what today is.

"Um sir what day is it?" I asked. "Mr. Jackson, today is Friday. You been here since Wednesday night. I would have called some of your emergency contacts but I couldn't find any. And I also wanted to keep a close eye on you because of your wounds." He said. "Friday? Oh no! I have to go!" I said trying to get off the bed. "Mr. Jackson wait, you have to heal and I need to know if there is someone who can pick you up." He said. I sat there and thought about it. I sent my maids off on a vacation and my ex-wife is beneath me.

"Rainy Artis. Um, she might can come and pick me up." He said. "Well, if you leave today, you will have some medication to pick up at the drugstore, and this person has to be with you at all times. You cannot be on that leg for too long, you may can shower but those wounds have to be cleaned and patched back up every two days so you won't get an infection." He said. "Oh, you mean like live with me?" I asked. "If you can spare a good 7 to 8 months of someone you know to live with you then yes. Otherwise, you would have to be moved to to different recovery unit. And I would hope that you would rather be in your own house right?" He asked. "Yes. Um, I need my phone. Can I get a moment, alone." I asked him. "Of course! You see that small item, over there that looks like a remote?" He asked. "Yes sir." I said. "That's to get a nurse in here. When you hit that button, one of the nurses will come in here and let them know to come and get me. Okay?" He said. "Yes sir." I said.

He handed me my phone and walked out the room. I layed there for about twenty minutes and thought about things. And I realize I have no one else to really call on but Rainy..

Rainy

The same night Michael left, I cleaned up and went to bed early. I had school the next day and then I had plans to go shopping, to get ready for the interview for Friday. After two tests and finals coming up before graduation, I had a lot of studying to do. I went to the store and bought a black pencil skirt. Along with a white and red blouse to match it. After I got the outfit, I felt something odd in my stomach. Michael hasn't text me or called me all day.

I wondered if he felt bad and just decided that he didn't want to hear from me anymore. I wasn't sure if he felt bad for crying in front of me or just needed a break from me. When I got home, I hung my outfit up and then texted Michael. He never answered so I just guessed that our somewhat friendship was over. I decided to wait until tommorrow morning and then try to give him a ring after my interview. That night, I was watching the news when the screen flashed and said that a man was nearly stabbed to death. I didn't really pay it no mind until I seen where it happened. Lou's Bar was shown and a few people were being interviewed. I quickly turned my television up to listen.

"We have breaking news a man who is seemed to be in his early thirties was stabbed tonight at this popular local bar, downtown tonight. Police say that the man was stabbed here, in the parking lot twice by an unknown female. She was spotted standing over the man with a knife in her hands. Police are looking for a blue Nissan Altima with a pink fenner in the back.