Chapter Twenty- Three

Rainy

I was laying down balled up on my couch. The way Janet bolted out of here pissed off, hell I couldn't blame her. She was mad at Angela but mostly some for her brother Michael. She really seen her brother at his happiest with me. But sometimes I try to think about if me and Michael are meant to be.

We weren't dating or going together...yet. I wasn't in no rush myself. It felt good to feel a man's touch especially his and we had a stable and unstable friendship thing going on. But was that even worth it? For the months I spent there, I learned so much about him and his life. There was so much more that could have happened but it didn't.

I'm pretty sure that I wasn't too weak to sleep with him like Angela. I couldn't just live with him, cook his food and take care of him while he recovers just to do that. And now, that Angela came back in the picture, I'm mostly thinking about cutting ties with him.. maybe we aren't for eachother. There is so many memories from the time I wanted to give him a ride home and up until this point.

I rubbed my forehead with my hands. This is the hardest but I cannot fathom the fact that hits home the most. And that's how Angela wants to kill Michael now. For some reason, she really feels like she exceeds in everything that she does but if I save him.. what happens next. I really don't have the strength to argue but I have that specific strength to fight and if I have to I will.

Michael is not a bad person and he never was. He is a normal human being who got his heart broken by his one and only love...well his wife. But the difference was that Angela thought she had me moved and out of his life. Michael showed me but in his own way that he really liked me. But I guess the idea of a caretaker and the patient to be together, living in the same house was a bit much. And just realizing how that would look, in his terms, it would be the dumbest ever known.. but I'm not knocking anyone that has did this. You find love in the most ways and some painful ways too. But that's normal for some people.

All this thinking had me hungry, so I got up and asked Alexa to play some of my slow jams. John Legend's song "All of Me" decides to be the first one and as I got ready to cook, I found myself pausing and shivering over the words he was singing. Besides the most memories with my mother, I had so many with Michael, it would be more than my own ten fingers to count on. The good didn't out way the bad but it was worth it at some point.

I took out some chicken to bake, some cabbage, cornbread, and some mac and cheese. Then I decided to bake a carrot cake. I placed the chicken in some hot water and then started breaking up the cabbage. I got out all the pots I needed and my other spices. I got my big pot boiling and sat down at the table. I was getting into the groove as a few tears fell down my face.

I felt sorry for his situation and now that I am in this, I just feel like I needed him but did he need me?? I have so many mixed emotions.. I'm emotional but feeling quite numb to the whole situation.

Michael
Forty Five Minutes Later...

We finally pulled up to Rainy's house and it was beautiful. I hate that she went through this much only for me to fuck Angela and allow her to stay at my house for those months. And on the way Janet basically cussed me out indefinitely and told me how much damaged I caused her from the beginning.

From the time we left my house and once we got there it was nothing but pure hell coming from her mouth and everything she said brought so much sadness in my heart. She was right about it all and I was about to throw the best thing that has ever happened to me away in flames.

Janet helps me out the car and grabbed my crutch out the back seat. With her by my side barely talking to me, in which she had that right. We got to the porch and Janet reaches for the doorbell.

"Damn.. she got it smelling good in there!" She said as she rings the doorbell.

After five minutes, Rainy opens the door, her face was pink and her eyes were blood shot red. She stares daggers at me just a little but in silence she looks at Janet.

"Rain just hear me out.. I know you told me not to do this but my brother has a lot to say to you. I have spent the drive there and back hear cussing his ass out. Will you please do this for me?" She asked.

"Okay. I was cooking anyway.. I figure that this day would come. You guys can come in and make yourself comfortable." She said as she slowly opened the door and walked back to the kitchen.

Janet holds on to my arm and we walked inside. The house was beautiful and it had an amazing taste. I hated that her other house got burned down by my bitch ass wife. This was hard. We get seated and Rainy comes back in to sit. I started rubbing my leg a little bit and I noticed from the side she looked at me.

"You haven't been propping your leg up, I see." She said as she gets up and walks to a closet. Grabbing a big pillow, placing it on the table and lifting my leg up, carefully placing it on the pillow.

"Better?" She asked.

I nodded my head only to cover my face in shame and I broke down.

"I'll leave you two alone, while I check this place out." Janet said as she leaves out the living room, leaving us there.

Rainy

I was now sitting on my knees by Michael's now propped up leg. He was hurting me on the inside, my heart breaking at every sob. His face was turning red and I grabbed a hold of my chest as my own tears fell.

I touched his hands that covered his face. Letting my own tears fall. He quickly grabbed me halfway bearing his head in my shoulder. I rubbed his back and let him cry.. and hell I cried with him.

This is what he needed, to see the bigger picture and how his wife tried to play him yet again.

End of Chapter..
More next.. Stay tuned.. Vote and Comment loves.. ❤❤❤

 ❤❤❤