Chapter Twenty- Seven

Its been two days since me and Michael were released from the hospital. Let's just say it's not easy because we have to get back used to being alone and yet I'm still helping him but its worst. His leg still bothers him but its them scary aches that he gets in his chest that gets to me the most. I'm happy for the most part that there is nothing that he can't be took stressed about but with me I'm double stressed.

I think I'm being the devil when I say that I want Michael to be mine but I want to make sure I go a little easier but in Angela's case.. its officially the opposite. Not only do she cause me to be in the hospital but just knowing that she's out to kill Michael for the insurance money, made this shit a lot harder. I don't want him to die, I can actually say that I love him and mean it whole heartedly.

Janet stayed with us and she was leaving the following day. We all chilled in the front room and I was making lunch. We decided on chicken salad sandwiched.. homemade that is. I was stirring my chicken in the bowl when Michael came in with his cane. Oh yes he walks with a cane temporary.

"Hey babe." He said as he came over to wrap his arms around me, pecking me on the cheek.

"Hey.. you okay?" I said placing one hand on his chest. I still felt bad for him having a small heart attack in my kitchen. He kept saying he was fine but since when been home just looking at him, brought so many tears in my eyes and I found myself leaving the room.

Last night I couldn't rest knowing that all this shit has been happening to him and I started to blame myself again.

"Yeah, I'll be fine but Rainy.. why were you crying earlier?" He asked. I looked away and continued to mixed the sauce together.

"Crying? What do-" he stopped me.

"I'm not crazy. I know when your upset. Please I really want to start things over from the beginning. Just don't lie.. I know you better than I knew my wife and her devilish ways.. well ex wife. But just tell me." He said.

I swallowed really hard and blinked back a few tears. They ended up falling again.

"Michael, I feel like it's my fault. I feel like I have caused all the drama and I feel like it's my fault that you had that heart attack. I didn't mean any-" He stopped me.

"You had no control on the future or this heart of mine. I have to make some changes myself. Angela put a scar on me and it needed healing.  All the women, the sex, the damn alcohol. It was too much toxic. Angela is toxic." He said, "Its not your fault." He said.

I looked deeper in his eyes this time. I knew he was in some pain but the heart is where the pain is most. Angela broke him all the way down and it's so hard even till this day to bring more joy to him now.

I don't know how he really feels but telling the truth is a good start.

"I just feel like that sometimes. I haven't been myself and I am sorry. I just don't want to lose anyone that I love so-" I stopped.

"Wait.. you love me?" He asked. I looked down and nodded my head. This wasn't just that love I kept saying when I was staying with him. This was that fighting type of love, the fire of desire, the natural yin and yang love.

"How long has this been?" He said. I looked up to his eyes as they were wide and full of tears.

"Since the day I left. For those two months of not talking to you and leaving you high and dry. I was just angry but my anger became stronger since Angela burned my house down." I said.

"I have been in love with you ever since you started staying with me. I have never been so sure of something so much. The way me and Angela met wasn't all a fairytale like story but I just want to move forward but only with you near me. I need you Rainy." He said.

He placed his cane down and wrapped his arms around me. Closing in, a passionate kiss followed behind. And for the first time in a long time, I could feel that he meant every word.

End of Chapter.. sorry it's so short..

Vote and Comment loves ❤❤