Chapter Three (Short)

Rainy

I stormed into my apartment, slammed my bags down and walked into the kitchen. I can't believe I did that to him. It's all my fault, I made him mad like that. I went in the kitchen and opened my bottle of gin. I poured me a glass, sat it down and sat down on the barstool. I stared at the glass and started at it for about twenty minutes. I all of a sudden got sick on the stomach. I ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. I stayed in the bathroom for ten minutes and threw up maybe three more good times. I cleaned up and walked into the kitchen and stared at the drink.

I took the drink and poured it into the sink, I took all the liquor and poured it into the sink. The only alcohol I kept was my white and red wines. At least I'll tear a meal up after I drink a glass or two. I went into my living room and played some slow songs. I sat down and cried at all of the things that occurred today. Two things made my day worse, my mother is gone and what I did to Michael. And I don't even know why he had such a sensitivity to hugs. I want to get to know him, just to understand him.

Michael

I went home and I was upset. I freaked out on Rainy, she needed comfort because she broke down in front of me. She had just lost her mother and I felt her pain. She needed someone to be there to hug her and I failed her. Why do I feel like I got feelings for her this early and I am scared. Angela tried her all mighty best to drain me for this stupid divorce and I am way past being drained. I was so stupid to go off on this woman the way I did. I went into my living room and put Peter Pan on to cheer me up. It worked for maybe half way in the movie but I stopped because she was on my mind and I felt like I wanted to make it up to her some how.

I went into my messy office and sat on the computer, I went into my old Facebook page and reactivated it. I got rid of it after Angela left me. I searched for Rainy. I didn't know what her last name was but I found some recent tags of a Rainy Artis. People were making 'rip' posts for her mother, people were praying and I clicked on a picture of her.

I found her. The same woman with black hair and she was able to rock it mostly curly. Her mother was a beautiful gem and she looked just like her. So far I had a first and last name, then I knew where she stayed. I immediately called the florist that I favored so much over the years and asked him for a favor.

"Hey Johnny!!! Long time man!" I said.

"What's up Mike? What can I get for you?" He asked.

"I need a dozen of Rose's and white lilies to be sent to an apartment complex. The Edgeheight apartments. The name is Rainy Artis and on the card put "I'm Sorry. Please forgive me and put my number down there." I said.

"Okay, okay! I got you man." He said.

And I hung up the phone. I went back to my computer to and went to log out. I seen a picture on the news feed that said "Engaged to the man I love so much" the post was from Angela. Her last name was changed and her then the chef's picture was posted. I hurried up and deactivated my page and took my computer outside. I got in my car and rolled over it three times. I got mad and went back into my office and tore everything down to the floor. Papers, files, glassware went flying everywhere. I screamed and I cried then fell on my knees. My maids came in the room running and out of breath.

"Leave me! Take the day off!! And put another ad in for an assistant on your way out please. I would like for you guys to take a break for awhile, I'll pay you guys for time off." I said.

"Mr. Jackson? Are you going to be okay?" One of my maids said. "I'll be fine. You guys been working for me for so long that I want you guys to take a earned vacation on me." I said.

"Mr. Jackson?" I turned around and my older maid was looking at me. "Yes Mildred." I said.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid. Please you are like a son to me. Please?" She said.

I cried some more. I really wish that my mother was here. I miss her so much and if I ever needed someone who would listen to me, she would.

"Mildred, I promise. " I told her and I let them go. I need this time to try and reevaluate and make a few altercations to this house or just sell this one and move into my mansion across town.

Rainy

I ended up sleeping on my couch. I got up and got refreshed a little but then I heard a knock at my front door.

"Who is it?" I said.

"Johnny's Florist!" He said.

Confused I opened the door. "Um sir, I think you have the wrong person." I said.

"Your not Miss Artis?" He said. "Oh yes I am." I said.

"Well these are for you." He said as he handed me some beautiful flowers. "Um Thank you." I said as I closed the door. Walking slowly to my living room I picked out the small envelope and it reads:

"To: Rainy Artis
  "I'm Sorry. Call me: 336-657-8457

      -Michael "

***** TO BE CONTINUED *****