Chapter Nine

Rainy

After two hours longer in the hospital, the doctor came back with his discharge papers. The nurses came to help Michael get dressed while I talked with the doctor. He gave me a few forms to sign and all his pain prescriptions that I needed to get for him.

"Okay Miss Artis, here are his crutches but he will mostly be in a wheel chair for now. Mr. Jackson is limited to any standing for long periods of time. He will only be allowed to take small baths until his wound on his abdomen heal. He can still eat normal foods, with his medication he must eat and drink plenty of water. No tub baths, after about four weeks, he needs to schedule with a physical therapist to work on his leg. When he showers, his injured leg must be wrapped in the bandages. And because of that artery, his leg must stay propped up to reduce any swelling and so he won't get any blood clots. The stitches are washable but if any swelling or bleeding comes through it, come back and let me know." The doctor said.

"Okay, how long is this healing process?" I asked. "Well with physical therapy, about a good eight months. He will also be trained to use his crutches, now he will need to do a follow up appointment with his care physician for his leg as well. Is this going to be a lot for you?" He asked. "No sir. And he needs 24 hour care for now right?" I asked. "Yes ma'am. After eight months, he should be well in his legs but if not, he must continue with therapy and with his crutches in due time. But he needs to take it one day at a time and then we have to wing him off his medication as well. These pain pills are strong so you have to keep a close eye on him. Dizziness and drowsiness may occur and he shouldn't drink any alcohol. Any questions?" He said. "No, I think I got the rest. I will pull my car around and there's enough space for the wheel chair and the crutches. I will make sure that I stop by the drug store on the way." I said.

Once Michael was dressed and ready to go, the doctor gave the okay to leave. I left a few minutes early, to pull my car up to get him. "I don't how I am going to do this." I said as I reached my car, unlocked the doors and got in. "I don't even know where he lives." I said and then I looked at his files. His address was right across town, not far from me. I put the address in my GPS and then started my car. I parallel parked by the entrance and walked inside. Once I get near the elevators, the nurse was heading out with Michael. He looked so emotional and I felt bad that he went through all this. Not to mention, his already broken heart. I just hope I have the strength to do this. One of his legs were leveled up and the other stayed down. I walked outside and I slid the passenger side seat back. He was pretty tall so he was going to need the leg room. The nurse was right behind me when I opened the back door on my side and then walked to the passenger side.

"Okay Mr. Jackson, we have to get you in the car." She said. He never spoke, he just followed suit. I carefully moved his injured leg down and locked the level back to the wheel chair. "Sssss ow!" He said. "Im sorry, I'm so sorry!" I said to him. Taking him by his waist and wrapping my arm around his back I helped him in to the car. The nurse folded the wheel chair and placed it in the trunk and the crutches in the back seat. I told her thanks and Michael put his seatbelt. I got in the car and took a deep breath. "How do I put the seat back, I'm a little sleepy." He said. I reached over the seat carefully and let the seat fall back. "Oh, that's better." He said. "Okay, I will be making a few stops before I get you home." I said as I pulled off and drove to the nearest walgreens.

By the time we get there, I parked the car and looked over at Michael. He had dozed off and I just let him rest. I felt like he had been through enough for the past few days. I felt so bad for him but I just felt like I had to help him. He didn't have anyone else that I knew of, but it was just a matter of time for me to find out eventually. I got out the car, locked it and walked into the drug store.

Michael

I felt like I wanted to die immediately. The doctor wanted me to be under 24 hour care like I am some old guy. And my caregiver is someone who I still barely know. Rainy was someone who thought that she could just do anything and be someone who could just help anyone. I can't even think about how many times Angela was sick and I took care of her. I never had anyone or a stranger period to help me with anything besides my sexual needs and my maids. Whenever I get some alone time, I feel like I want to die. I don't have any body, Angela was gone and I felt alone. When I woke up in the hospital, I wanted to see Angela's face, not Rainy's face. She tried that when she thought that she knew me so well. Yes, my heart is shattered and she hurt me so bad that can't control my emotions. I don't want Rainy's help, I can do this by myself. I don't want her to control me but I want her here with me. I don't want to be alone but only I can feel this pain.