Chapter Thirty-Nine

Omniscent 

As the rain pit patters along the grassy area of the cemetery, the casket of Janet is being carried by the horse and buggy Michael ordered along with Rainy by his side. They plus, a crowd of people follow behind them, it was time for her to be put in her final resting place beside her parents, Joe and Katherine Jackson.

Wearing all black they follow behind a off white and silver casket along the wet grounds. A choir followed along the side singing the resting place song saying the words, "I am along gone but don't forget about me." 

Tears streamed down Rainy's eyes awhile she holds her hand with Michael's. Not willing to believe that he can only see his sister through a photo graph and come see her tombstone bothered him. His thoughts were in the dark clouds as the preacher says his sermon. He stared at the casket and his heart raced at a slow paced, he clutches close to Rainy as she laid her head along his shoulder. On the inside she felt like it was her fault even though Michael begged her not to feel that way. Versus Michael steady feeling like this was his fault involving his now deceased ex-wife, into the picture years ago when his sister did not approved and it backfired in his face. But he knew that she was already dead to him however his sister was the innocent one.

Red and white roses were placed on her casket as now the funeral was near the end. Everyone who knew Janet including her coworker streamed tears passing by and giving Michael hugs, letting him know to call them if he needed anything. 

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. May Miss Janet.. Rest in Peace." The pastor said. Michael looks at the casket as it now was being put in the ground and the tears started to fall. He wore his black shades to mask the steady pain he felt in his eyes from not being the brother that he needed to be and he felt alone. He knew he wasn't alone but being apart in the last of his known relatives he did. 

Two Hours Later..

After a quiet plane ride from Michael's hometown of Gary, Indiana. They were now heading home. 

Michael

"I never felt so empty like this before." I slowly said, "It's so weird to me now." I said as I looked at Rainy. She looked back at me and she swallowed. "I'm still apologizing Michael because this as close to the worst tragedy that I have ever went through besides losing my mother. I just have to say I am so sorry." She said. 

"No, its not your fault, I promise its not. The only regret I have is the fact that on countless occasions, Dunk kept telling me how bad Angela was and the love I felt for her was so blinded up until she left me. But when you came into my life and I shielded myself from you, it was because I felt like the same thing was going to happen, if I had opened up to you. I am sorry for everything I put you through. I just need your help to get through this." I said. 

"Of course. It's not easy but yes baby I will help you." Rainy said. As I leaned my head back in the seat, I took my shades off and I took a deep breath. I held onto Rainy's hand ever since we left town for Janet's funeral and I haven't let it go. It was something about her touch that carried me through today, I couldn't do this alone and I didn't want to be alone. Now, at my every waking moment, If I didn't see the beautiful face of this woman who I have fallen in love with, I believed that it wasn't going to be a good day. 

We got home in an hour and I walked Rainy into the the living room to help her get settled. She was still in pain even after these past two weeks of fighting with Angela. I sat her some pillows on the couch and she relaxed. "Baby, you don't want me to help you cook something?" she asked. 

"No, baby I want you to relax, you have done enough standing for awhile and it's okay. I got it. Are you in any pain?" I asked her. She shook her head no but in her eyes, I could tell a difference.

"Baby I'm just stiff but I am not hurting, I promise. I'll let you know if I am. I am just feeling weird because of all of this. And I feel like if I haven't out my fucking hands on Angela, Janet would have never died." she said as small tears formed in her eyes and I sat down beside her, gently placing her in my arms. 

"Baby Angela would have tried to kill me. She was a heartless bitch who wanted everything but me. But she got what she got and I don't feel bad about that. If I hadn't have met you, I probably would have committed suicide over her or have killed myself mentally because of depression and alcohol. Just dead period. And that girl who stabbed me, she will get her time one day and it won't be at the hands of me. It will be at the hands of someone else who are tired of the got damn games. I have you now. I am not depressed, I am happy. All because of you." I said, "Rainy Artis, I love you." I said. 

"You feel like that?" She questioned as she now looked up at me. "Yes, I do. I wanted love but it was in the wrong places. And as many times as I wanted to fuck up what the doctor told me to do when I got stabbed, when you left that note, it hit me harder because I ended up wanting you harder than I did for anyone else." I said. 

She nodded and put her head down. I gracefully picked her head back up and placed a kiss on her lips, "I love you baby. While these past few events have been emotional, I need you more than anything. I want your love, your body.. the whole works." Then I kissed her nose and she got tickled. I smiled knowing that just those words warmed her up. "I love you too Michael." she said. 

After our talk, I turned on the television and walked to the kitchen. I decided to cook a good dinner for us. Rainy was a really strong woman because even though I started back heading to work for only a few hours, she made sure I had breakfast, lunch for work and dinner once I got back. Now, its was time for me to take care of her and get ready for her graduation this week. Dunk couldn't come but she could come in spirit. 

Thirty Minutes Later..

After I got everything together, I decided that since I have been cleared from the doctor, I would make my special roast beef and potatoes. I passed all my tests and now I am Bayer free from my heart attack. I checked on Rainy and she was taking a small nap from the pain pill that she said she didn't need but the rain made the pain worse. I was deep in though for awhile just staring at her until the door bell rung. 

I turned the stove down some for my veggies to cook and I went to answer the door. The unexpected guest appeared out of no where...

"Um.. Mr. Jackson, can we talk?"

TO BE CONTINUED...

Who do you guys think is at Michael's door?? Please Vote and comment to tell me who you think it is??