~Chapter 50~

"After the maze I got picked up by a group and headed to the city, they realised I was immune patched me up and took me to Lawrence. This troop has been at war with Wicked ever since they took over the city. But wicked can't hide behind those walls forever, days gonna come and there gonna pay for what they've done."  Gally explained saluting at some boys walking past.Gally stopped and looked at us."Listen uhh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors so let me do the talking. Alright?" Gally told us looking at the building."And try not to stare." He added walking into the crooked doorway.Gally took his gear off and placed it on a small circular table in the corner.We saw a boy talking to a man as Gally put something on the floor as we followed behind walking down the stairs."Gally." The man said which made Gal nod."Glad to see you made it back, Jasper told me what happened." Lawrence added as Jasper stared at us."It was a slaughter there's nothing we can do against those guns." Gally stated shrugging."No, but they can only poke the hornets nest for so long before they get stung." The man said sniffing a beautiful blood red rose."Now who are these people, why are they here." He asked Gally."We need to get into wicked." Thomas spoke up making Gally look at him."And Gally said you can get us through the walls." Thomas added. Gally shook his head at Thomas making me scoff a little knowing Gally didn't say that.Lawrence looked at us in silence for a second."Well Gally should know better then to make promises he can't keep." Lawrence said grabbing a stick so he could walk over."Besides the wall is only half your problem.Getting inside wicked is impossible." The crank said walking closer and closer to us."There may be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas." Gally said.Thomas looked at Gally blankly. "Is that so? You know what I am, Thomas. I am a business man, which means I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I help you?" He asked Thomas getting all up in his face."Because I can help you." Thomas replied."You see if you get me through the walls I can get you what you need."Tom added."What is it that you think I need?" Lawrence questioned Thomas."Time." Thomas said nodding his head signaling to the wires connected to him."Every last drop." I spoke up shrugging.Lawrence looked at Gally as Gally then looked at me. Lawrence looked straight back up to Thomas as I shook my head at how long this is taking."Is that what I need?" "We can get something we both want." Thomas said.Lawrence paused and smiled. "I'll tell you what,3 can go for now the rest stay down here with me. Just a little insurance you find your way back." Thomas turned around and looked at us and then at me."Take it Tom." I nodded. He turned back around to the Crank."We have a deal?" Lawrence asked putting his hand out. Thomas looked at his hand and shook it. Lawrence smiled at Thomas and looked back at Gal."Gally show them the way." He said not breaking eye contact with Tom.
Gally took us to a room putting a hoodie on taking off all of his gear. He then slid a sewer door open that we all looked down."Ok so who's going down?" I asked."Me, Newt and you." Thomas said. I nodded in agreement. Gally turned around and grabbed a ladder and lowered it in still staying silent like if he spoke the whole world would break around him."Be careful Tate." Jorge says, I held his arm and smiled."I'll be fine mate." I nodded. Gally sat down and dangled his legs down the hole. He grabbed a torch from the floor and got ready as Fry spoke."Gally." He said. Gally stopped what he was doing looking up at him almost like he wasn't expecting it."Take care of these 3." He said.Gally put his foot on the ladder.

"Yeah." He said climbing down with me following after him.

~

~WORD COUNT:720~