~Chapter 47~

Coughing echoed around the tunnel as I groaned in pain stuck between the window and my arm hanging out of the car."Everyone ok?" Thomas yelled at us as I ignored him struggling to slip my arm back into the car out of the broken window."Fry cover your eyes." Newt said to fry kicking his window so it had shattered."You ok man." Fry asked Thomas."Yeah." He sighed as I groaned."Shit." I yelled. Thomas stuck his whole body out of Newts window climbing out over him so he could get out. Glass was wedged into my arm as a stream of blood traveled down my arm slowly.Thomas tried helping fry as he pulled on to the door handle. The door didn't budge."Frypan go around." Thomas said running to the other side of the car. Newt kicked the door open falling out infront of Thomas as he groaned. From shock I'm guessing. He coughed a little inhaling dust."You ok Newt?" Tom asked Newt helping him up a little."Yeah." He coughed."Fry you good?" Thomas asked as we heard the cranks scream."NEWT HELP ME PLEASE." I yelled. Newt ran over to my side and opened my door as I gasped in pain with a tear falling down my face. Newt went to grab his gun out the side of his waist as he realised it wasn't there."Shit." He muttered also helping me up. I left the glass in my arm and just took my mind off the pain and jogged around to Tom and Fry with Newt. "FRY COME ON NOW HURRY." I yelled as the cranks got closer limping towards us. Fry grabbed a gun as he shot it at the crank that was right next to us."Nice shot fry." Tom said."Thanks." Fry replied as I winced a little."That fucking glass." I shouted as I pulled a big bit out leaving the small bits in. The boys glanced at me."Don't worry I'll get it out but can we just like you know... leave?" I asked slightly more concerned about where we were than my arm. We saw more coming as I took a step back in fear."GOO." Fry yelled as me Tommy and Newt ran while Fry tried to shoot them."Fry." Thomas shouted at him. We all ran as we got followed closely. I sprinted so I was a little more infront of the boys running from the limping cranks.They growled at us as we all stopped seeing the cranks also coming from infront of us. "Watch out." Fry said to us shooting some." Fry you got em?" Thomas asked him quickly."Fry you will never get them just leave it." I yelled out of hope."Ok this way,this way." Thomas yelled as we ran and followed him.Fry's gun clicked as he soon ran out and we were cornered."I'm out." Fry yelled back at us."We're fucked, I can't believe I'm dying in a fucking tunnel." I laughed obviously now getting unbothered."Shit." Thomas said looking at them all.They all screamed at us as I heard a distant car engine. I smirked a little. The car knocked over loads of cranks as it stopped next to us 4. "Guys get in." Brenda yelled standing up on her chair and shooting the cranks with a pistol through the roof.I jumped through the window getting into the seat next to Newt without any hesitation."Alright go." I yelled at Jorge. "GO." Brenda yelled at him to sitting down. "Hang on." Jorge yelled as we got moving again.
The cranks made a path letting us go through still screaming as we came out the other side. I sighed slamming my head back as I looked at my arm in disgust."Oh I wish you came earlier bc now I have a fucking heap loads of glass jammed in me arm. How fun." I mumbled to Jorge and Brend smirking.

"I'm impressed, you guys almost lasted the whole thing." He smiled at us.Brenda turned to look at Thomas as I laughed a little putting my arm down on my lap slowly taking the glass out of my arm with Newt helping."I'm sorry I didn't wanna bring you guys into this." Thomas said as I burst out laughing making myself cough. Jorge looked at Thomas through the rear mirror."Aye what I think he's trying to say is thank you." Fry said."Your welcome." Brenda smiled turning around in her leather seat."Hey, don't get your hopes up that check point over there that was a city sites defence if that was over run, chances is the city is too." Jorge said looking at us again through the mirror. Newt looked out my window and looked shocked."Yeah unless they've figured out another way to keep the cranks out." Newt said as I turned my head to see a city in the distance with large walls surrounding it.

We stopped.

~

~WORD COUNT:840~