~Chapter 58~

We ran out of the building with me and Gally holding our guns up."Alright Newt we're almost there." Gally reassured him."Just leave me." Newt mumbled. Another explosion happened infront of us with a car flying past us. The heat was getting hotter as we fell back."Back,back." Gally repeated getting up quickly. The cranks ran past us yelling like they were having a protest with the gunshots whizzing past us. We all crouched down infront of Newt as we heard the plane engine above us. We all looked up to see the plane going past us."K that's them. We gotta go, we gotta go." Thomas said rushing around. They went to get Newt as Newt had black blood pouring out of his mouth and his veins showing everywhere."Just go without me mate, just go." He said struggling to talk. Newt coughed more of the blood making me stand back. We all stared at him in shock while he was breathing heavily and uncontrollably.  I looked at him from behind the boys with my eyes glossy."Minho you gotta run ahead, grab the serum get back to us as soon as you can." Thomas told Minho as I looked at Thomas. Minho stared at him in shock as I shook my head laying my head on the wall."Minho go." Thomas said. I saw Gally nod his head."He's right I can cover." Gally said. I looked at him in disbelief. Gally stood up and looked at me as I hugged him. I wrapped my arms around his neck bringing him into a kiss. We pulled out while a tear left my eyes travelling down my dirty cheek."Please be alright." I whispered holding his hand. He wiped my tear with his thumb as he put his head into my neck hugging me. "I'll be back as quickly as I can." He said into my neck as I nodded.  We looked down at Newt while he thanked Minho.Gally and Minho ran into the crowd and disappeared into all the smoke. Thomas stood up looking at all the soldiers as I kneeled infront of Newt holding his hand."You'll be alright mate." I nodded as he looked at me and smiled a little. Thomas held Newt's shoulder and yelled his name."HEY, HEY NEWT." He shouted getting his attention."We're gonna try this, we need to get you up." Thomas said. Newt was pulling a necklace off of his neck."Thomas." He said."Newt no." Thomas said.
THOMAS." He yelled showing him the necklace. Newt also pulled one out of his pocket and passed it to me. Thomas and I looked at it and took it hesitantly."Alright I need you to give us everything you've got alright." Thomas said getting under Newts arm with me helping Newt up on his other arm.Newt limped his way through the fire as me and Thomas tried holding Newt up as much as we could. We got into a massive hall that looked like a train station as Newt got out of our grip."Newt,Newt." Thomas yelled while Newt fell on the floor. Newt was making nosies that scared me as Thomas tried dragging Newt across the floor. I broke down in tears sobbing quietly watching them.Thomas fell to the ground too as we heard Tess on the mics."Thomas, can you hear me? I need you to listen to me. I know you have no reason to trust me, but I need you to come back. Thomas you can save Newt there's still time for him. There's a reason Brenda isn't sick anymore it's your blood do you understand? Your blood helped cure her. She doesn't have to be the only one all you have to do is come back and this war will be over. Please... come back to me. I know you'd do the right thing-." Teresa said as the mics ended with a squeak and some lights turning on. I saw Newt stand up and looked at Thomas."TOM." I shouted.He looked at me and then behind him to see Newt on his feet."Newt?" Thomas asked. Newt turned around as I looked at them both confused. Newt charged at Thomas while I watched Thomas push him to the floor. Newt growled at Thomas as he stood back up again."Newt no it's me." Thomas said trying to bring back the normal side of Newt and not the crank side. Newt ran at Thomas again growling as I panicked and just stood still stunned.They rolled on the floor with Newt still growling and hissing at Thomas. Newt was on his hands and knees and spoke."Tommy, kill me." Newt asked Thomas as I gasped in shock at what Newt just said. Thomas was just as shocked as Newt went back to growling and went back out at Thomas. Newt managed to get on top of Thomas trying to bite him."NEWT." I yelled.Newt calmed down and breathed heavily again this time."I'm sorry Tommy." Newt said breathing heavily. I let my tears pour down my face again."It's ok." Tom nodded putting his hand on his shoulder. Newt grabbed Tom's gun from his trousers and put it to his head. "NOO." Me and Thomas both yelled as Thomas slapped it out of his hand. Newt growled again and got better grip on Thomas. Tom punched Newt In the face while Newt fell off of Thomas. They were both on there hands and knees as I watched Newt pull a knife out of his trousers. "TOM WATCH OUT." I yelled. Newt swung the knife at Thomas making him fall back. I hoped that Thomas dodged it as the scream was more of a scared then painful one.Newt got on top of Thomas again as he went to put the knife through Thomas's chest. Tom held Newts arms so it couldn't go near his chest.They both groaned as Thomas yelled and flung Newt off him and punched him again so he was on the floor still. Thomas and Newt both stood up and Newt was flinging the knife around while Thomas was dodging it. Thomas went into Newt as Thomas held his shoulder. They both paused which scared me. I couldn't see what one got stabbed.Thomas backed away as I saw the knife in Newts chest. I gasped lifting my hand to my mouth. Newt collapsed as I ran over to Newt."NEWTTTT." I screamed kneeling down next to him."No,no,no." I panicked sobbing."Newt, please." I sniffed. I grabbed his hand trying to heal him but nothing came from him. I looked at Thomas in disbelief as Thomas stood up and walked out of the building leaving me and Newt on the floor.

~

~WORD COUNT:1138~