~Chapter 32~

We silently walked into the middle of the broken ruins. Dust around the floor and parts of broken buildings scattered everywhere. It was quite calming."What the hell happened in this place." Fry said looking up at the tall skyscrapers."I dunno, but doesn't look like anyones been here in a long time..." Newt answered for Fry while we all kept looking around."Hope the whole worlds not like this." Aris said.Thomas started to slow down a bit as I looked behind me."Woah, wait stop." Thomas said with his hand out looking concentrating at the noises around us. Everyone stopped and turned around."You hear that?" Thomas asked looking back at us all. I looked up scanning the sky listening out for anything.Buzzing noises got closer and louder as I looked at Thomas as he heard them too."Everyone get down." He yelled at us. "Everybody hide, hide." He yelled again running near a little hole with broken pieces on top."IN HERE!" He shouted as we all made our way to the hole quickly.I crouched in with Aris while he pulled me to his chest closely. Helicopters flew by on top of us making their way through the city."There never gonna looking for us are they." I asked in Aris's grip. Thomas looked at me and ignored me aswell as Newt and Minho. They all got out leaving me slightly behind. Walking slowly behind them, they came across a hill with building parts and sand. Thomas and Newt started climbing the hill first.I started climbing after Aris and Winston was next to me. I smiled at him softly as I got a cough kinda smile in return. "Is everyone alright?" Thomas shouted from the front. I looked at Winston again seeing he was breathing heavily and not looking so good.We climbed another sand hill on the dessert. "A little further guys." Thomas said running up the hill to the top. We looked out into the distance to see some faint mountain lines resting over the sand. "Those mountains it's gotta be it." Thomas said pointing out to them. "That's where we're going." "That's a long way off." Newt said as Winston took his things off and starting breathing like mad. I looked to him as the rest went to walk again. Winston collapsed taking me with him pushing me further down the hill then he fell. "WINSTON" everyone yelled in a unison. I could hear Winstons horrible sounds. "Winston, Winston." I heard fry say. "He's pretty bad." Thomas said."What do we do." Tess said.The boys were going on about him as Thomas looked down at me also struggling to breathe from how he pushed me down where loads of big rocks were.

"Tate." Thomas yelled down at me as Aris and Newts attention turned onto me. Aris and Newt quickly ran down to me with Thomas as they slid onto their sides helping me. "Y/n what happened." Newt said helping me up."I dunno when he collapsed he pushed me and my head hit so many rocks." I stuttered trying to help myself up."Help Winston first don't worry about me I'll live." I said falling over again as Aris caught me. Thomas and the others managed to get Winston on a bed looking thing and they carried Winston up the hills. Well atleast tried to...Aris had me on his side helping me walk as my head started bleeding from the deep cuts the rocks gave me. I didn't make this about myself because Winston deserves it and I just tried go as long as I could without collapsing. Aris had tight grip on me.We walked a little longer as the boys ended up carrying Winston. "Thomas grab his legs." Fry said to Thomas. Aris saw my legs were getting shaky and my eyes kept closing. "Tate do you need help." Aris asked me stopping. I nodded weakly holding my head as Aris scooped me up and held me bridal style. "i think i'm concussed you know." i groaned as Aris laughed.A blizzard hit and Aris tried covering my eyes as I hid my head into his chest while all the others were grunting holding there eyes.

"We gotta get to shelter." Thomas yelled from the back with the others.

~

~WORD COUNT:727~