~Chapter 8~

Me and Gally woke up to the sound of people talking and running past our hut. I stayed on Gallys shoulder until Gally slightly sat up.i opened eyes fully getting up aswell. "You alright." He asked putting a shirt on while I took my hair down out of my bun."Mhm." i hummed rubbing my eyes and leaning on the wall waiting for Gally.

We walked out to see that they were about to banish Ben from the maze. "Oh shit." Gally said as Newt and Alby called him over to help.

"Tate you don't need to watch." He told me so I didn't get scared. "No it's fine I don't mind." I hesitated not knowing what to say at all."Ok,well don't get to close he attacked you ok.Promise me you won't get close." He repeated.

"Gally I'll be fine." I smiled making him nod and jogged over grabbing the pole from Albys hand standing behind Newt. I nodded at him slightly then he watched the pit.Ben left the pit and Minho tied his hands to the back of his head slowly walking behind him but Ben was talking nonsense my heart broke for him. Minho walked behind Ben while Ben spoke."Minho please,Alby." He said trying to move his hands.They walked in the middle and Ben fell to his knees while Minho cut the rope holding his hands behind his head. I quickly jogged over to Chuck getting closer as Chuck smiled at me slightly.

"No please don't, please don't do it." Ben sobbed while Minho and Alby nodded at eachother.Minho threw a bag in the maze and looked back at Ben. The maze doors were getting ready to shut and a big wave of wind came into the Glade.

"POLESSS." Alby yelled as all the boys lowered the poles. Ben got up and turned in a circle while Gally looked back at me. I saw Chuck leave and I nodded at Gally and he nodded back looking back at the crying stung boy.Gally,Newt,Fry,Thomas and Alby all walked closer pushing him back with the poles while Ben was trying to push them back. Gally and the rest pushed Ben into the maze as Ben yelled and the maze doors shut cutting his scream off. The boys fell quiet. Gally gave me a weak smile and was the first to walk off grabbing the top of my fingers gently and walking into the forest.

I felt bad for everyone.

Me and Gally sat down by a tree. He sighed looking down. "I shouldn't of went in the woods." I scoffed."No,I'm glad u went in the forest." He said turning to me."What?" I said trying to keep cool. "No I mean like, if u didn't find Ben we wouldn't know he was stung until he killed someone." He sighed a bit as I did too."Thanks gal." I smiled at him softly. He laughed a short but sweet laugh and nodded at me."I know it's a bad time but, I just wanna tell u something." I said thinking of a good way to put my words in."Go on." He said looking at me. "Ok gal."

"I just wanna know what you think of me because i don't know what your thinking when u look at me.

Gally smiled and looked away.

"I like you Tate,I really do." He said softly. There was a long pause before we said anything else. "And i've never felt anything before i've always been so tough and never let feelings get to me ever but since i saw u everything changed and it shocked me."I took a moment to think. What was i meant to say to that.

"Hey, Tate."

"Yeah." I said looking back at him."What do u think when u look at me." He asked smiling weakly.

"I really don't know.I feel like i'm confused with my feelings towards you as i only just like met you." I said almost ashamed with my answer. He nodded and look away obviously hurt but understanding where i'm coming from."Im sorry Gally i just really don't know." i hummed about to get up."Yeah." He nodded also getting up and walking infront of me into the glade.

"Why didn't i tell him i liked him back." i thought to myself, "it can't just be a friendly feeling towards him."

~

~WORD COUNT:740~