~Chapter 34~

"Please, don't let me turn into one of those." He said quietly. I looked at fry as Newt took the gun off Fry."Wait Newt." Tom said. Newt walked towards Winston. Newt slowly kneeled down and put the gun in Winstons hand."Thank you. Now get out of here." Winston said while i was grabbing my bag."Goodbye Winston." Newt whispered. I paused and got tiny flashbacks of how I didn't get to say goodbye to Gally at all.Everyone started to walk away but me and Thomas stayed behind.I let tears drop and gave him a weak smile."It's ok." Winston nodded at me."I'm sorry win." I said. Tom hugged me looking at Winston and smiled."Goodbye Winston." He said holding my shoulders and walking away with his arm around my shoulders.We walked down some hills as we soon heard a gun shot. I flinched a bit. Thomas pulled me closer still standing still.

~

We found shelter as it was getting very dark and I decided to lay down  in what I found on the floor. I soon decided to rebuild it for myself.Newt and Aris came over to me and smiled."Hi." I said fiddling with my necklace."Hey." They said in a unison."I'm sorry about Winston." I said looking at them."It's not your fault we all know u tried we saw it in your arm when your veins went black." Aris said."I just wish I still had enough power to save him." I sighed looking at the fire. Newt got into the little bed I had made with me and pulled me into a hug. Aris sat on another little bed that I had made on the other side of me so we can be next to eachother.Aris quickly got some wood and chucked it in the fire as I snuggled into Newts chest."I thought we were meant to be immune." Minho said."Not all of us I guess." Teresa answered. Me and Newt looked at her and she smiled at me a little. I smiled back and looked back at the others."If Winston can get infected we should assume so can the rest of us." Newt said and i soon nodded. His chin laid on top of my head gently as I looked over at Aris who was putting his hood up."I never thought I'd say it but... I miss the glade." Fry said with a tear coming down his face. After that I got up because of how they were talking about the glade and I didn't wanna be involved in that.

~

The next day we started walking down a few more hills until we came to a bit of flat surface. We walked for hours with no water or supplies.Later on, we sat down and went to sleep. Aris slept next to me and had his arm under my head and around my body still being respectful of how I'm not ready yet for all that.Get up." Thomas yelled hitting us. "get up." He yelled one more time.Me and Aris were still in the same spot just awake. "Cmon let's get up frypan, Aris, Tate." I sat up as Aris helped me up."I see something." Thomas said as we all saw some lights."You see that? It's light." Thomas pointed at some lights again.I rubbed my eyes as Aris did the same. "Hun I only just like fell asleep just to be waken up again." I looking at Tom."We've made it." Newt said. we heard lightening and thunder in the background. "As much as I love storms and lightening I don't wanna be caught in it." I said grabbing mine and Aris bag."Let's go." Thomas said as we all started running. I caught up to Thomas and ran infront of everyone and Thomas called me.

"TATE WAIT UP." Thomas and Newt yelled. I slowed down waiting for them to catch up as they did pretty quickly.Lightening strokes came from every direction hitting the dusty floor."HURRY,GO." Was the words we mostly used while running. "Alright keep moving let's go." Minho and Thomas said."GET INSIDE GO." Thomas said as I looked back at Minho who looked like he was gonna get struck.After we got closer I saw Minho fly into the air with smoke coming off him. I yelled. "MINHOOO." I screamed. "ILL GET HIM YOU GUYS GO." I yelled running up to him. "Oh cmon." I said grabbing his arm pulling his arm. I got under his heavy arm and started running to where the others were I got through the door and fell with Minho on top of me. "GET HIM OFF." I yelled wincing. The boys got him off and I was a bit burnt."Ugh he owes me so fucking much I swear." I huffed as Newt and Aris helped me up."We'll let him know that." Newt smiled as I smiled back in return.

We went over to Minho.

~

~WORD COUNT:846~