~Chapter 60~

I woke up to the sound of the waves crashing and wind hitting the leaves on the trees. I opened my eyes to see Gally there next to me. I smiled a kind of smile I haven't shown before. I slipped my body under Gally's arm and rested my head on his arm. He had his hand supporting his head and his elbow pointing out like a V. I kissed his neck soon feeling his legs tangle into mine tightly. I pulled my head out of his neck and looked at him. His emerald green eyes stared at me softly.I smiled stroking his face. "Hey." I whispered."Hi." He answered holding my hand. "I don't remember actually arriving here." I said sitting up and looking around in the hut we were in."That's because you were asleep." He laughed."As usual." I nodded. He laughed and sat up, taking the covers off him and getting on a different shirt. I stared at him taking his shirt off as I stood up and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him from the back as he slipped his braclet on. I looked at it and gasped. "I totally forgot I gave you that." I said in shock. Gal kissed my head which made me hold his necklace that he must of made when he was at the city. "So you coming to see everyone?" Gal asked receiving a nod from me. I jogged over a little and hugged him tightly placing my face in the crook of his neck."Your so much taller now I don't like it." I pouted pulling out. "Oh yeah?" Gally smirked, I smiled at him jokely. He pulled the sheet of fabric away from the door as I stepped on the sandy grass. The water was crystal clear and the place just looked beautiful. "Let's go." Gally whispered holding my waist as we walked over to the main area. I saw Vince picking up some corn while I saw the others. They all got up and smiled at me. "Hi." I smiled at Brenda and Jorge who were infront of us. They pulled me into a hug instantly as I fell into it. We pulled out and i soon went and hugged Fry and Minho."Hey boys." I whispered. "We did it."Fry whispered. We all smiled at eachother while I looked back at Gally who was just staring at me. I walked over. "I'm glad you and Minho are still friends." He smirked as I slapped his shoulder laughing. He pulled me into a comforting hug as I felt Gally poke me. I pulled out of the hug looking at him confused."What?" I asked frowning slightly."I think your forgetting someone." Gally smiled at me. I turned around seeing Aris smiling at me."Oh my god Aris." I sighed running up to him. He brought me into a warm hug nearly making me fall over. He had his chin on my head and his arms wrapped tightly around me. I pulled out of the hug and stared at him. "I'm so glad your alright." I said looking at him. Aris nodded at me while we saw Vince had called a meeting. Aris was about to make his way down to the 'meeting place' while i stopped him quickly."I'll be there in a second I'm just gonna speak to Gal." I told him walking over to Gally. "Hey." I smirked. He smiled at me as we all looked over to the huts and saw Thomas.Thomas walked down the hill and hugged Minho tightly. He made his way towards me and Gally."Hey Tommy boy." I smiled pulling him into a hug. He put his face into my neck as I kissed his cheek."You ok?" I asked. "Yeah." He nodded. I gave him a weak smile as him and Gally then went into a little hug. We all made our ways down to where Vince called the meeting and sat down on some logs. Me and Gally sat on the floor infront of Sonya and Brenda. I laid back so I was inbetween Gal's legs and resting my head on his shoulder.Vince then lit the fire pit and got ready for his speech."We've come a long way together. So many have sacrificed,so much it make this place possible. For your friends, your family. So here's to the ones who couldn't be here. Here's to the friends we lost, this place is for you for all of us. But this, this is for them. So in your own time in your own way come make your peace. This is the Safe haven." Vince said holding up his beer as everyone cheered. Me and Gal clapped as I lifted myself up from him standing up with him following me.Me and Gally laughed and played slap while Brenda and Sonya were chugging beer. I looked at my braclet Newt had gave me before he died. "Hey gal come with me." I said walking away from the crowd and sitting on the beach."You ok." He asked me."Yeah." I nodded placing my head on his shoulder. "Newt gave me this before he died." I said looking at it. I messed with the top which unscrewed. I looked at Gally and pulled the piece of paper out of the tube."It's a letter." I smiled looking at him. He looked at it as I read it out.

~
THE LETTER:

Dear Tate

This is first letter I have ever written, well obviously the only one I can remember. But even if it's not my first it's likely to be my last (Other than Tommy's).I want you to know that I'm not scared, well not dying anyway it's more forgetting,loosing myself to this virus is what's scaring me. So every night I've been saying there names out loud. Alby,Winston,Chuck. Over and over like a prayer and all the memories come flooding back. Just the little things like when the sun would shine before it slipped before the walls. And I remember the taste of Frypans stew and when you spat out Gally's drink, I never knew I'd miss it that much. And I remember you, I remember when you first came up in the box just a scared little greenie who couldn't remember her name. And from that moment you and Thomas ran into that maze I knew I would follow you both anywhere. And I have. We all have... if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a single thing.And my hope for you is that when your looking back years from now you could say the same thing. Future is in your hands now T. And I know you'd find a way to do what's right. Take care of everyone for me, and take care of yourself you deserve to be happy with Gally. Thanks for being my friend.

Goodbye luv.

Newt...

~
A tear escaped my eye as I laughed a little letting tears fall down my face slowly. He remembered the first time we spoke. Gally pulled me into a hug when we decided to carve out the names so I could take my mind off the fact we had just lost Newt.When we got there, Gally picked up the tools and carved out Chucks name wiping the dust off of the stone. He passed the tools to me as I carved out Teresa's name. I brushed the dust off her name aswell and put my hand in Gally's.Tears were getting closer to falling down on my face making me wipe them away.I looked out to the water.

"Hey Gal can we go down there." I asked. Yeah." He said softly.We made our way down to the sand with the water hitting our feet. I stopped and looked at Gally. I smiled as he put a strand of hair behind my ear."You alright?" Gally asked me. I nodded."I didn't say it back." I sighed. He looked at me confused as I put my arms around his neck."I love you Gal." I smiled gently at him seeing he returned the same smile. Gally put his hand on my waist and bashed his lips onto mine passionately. I rested my arms around his neck as he picked me up,our foreheads touching as I smiled at him.

He put me down looking out to the water with the soft waves crashing into our feet as we made our way along the coast

He put me down looking out to the water with the soft waves crashing into our feet as we made our way along the coast. Hand in hand we walked around as the sun started to set,Gally smiled at me laughing feeling the cold breeze push past me. My hair was flowing behind as he twirled me around. We were living a fairytale.

It was all I've ever wanted

~
THE END!

~WORD COUNT:1469~