~Chapter 22~

"TATE"

"TATEE." Minho and Newt yelled shaking me. I quickly opened my eyes. Breathing heavily, I looked at them shocked."Wake up,we gotta go!come on!" Minho yelled. I got up searching the floor for Gallys necklace.I hoped out of the helicopter and ran with the others."Go kids go." Loads of men said as screeching filled the air with gunshots in the background.A massive building infront of us shined in the moonlight while we got closer to the entrance doors.I ran through the doors after everyone else and turned around looking at them shutting in a very confusing way. I walked inbetween the others going to the front with distant yelling ahead.Men were running around and we all scanned the room shocked.We went into a room and laid down for a bit. I laid next to Newt as I fiddled with the necklace I had taken off of Gally. I sighed and tied it around my neck looking at Newt with a slight smile coming across my face.I looked at Minho and rolled my eyes looking at Teresa. We all got startled by a blue metal door scraped the floor while opening. A man with a gun and a dark green outfit looked at us on the other side of the door. I shot up jogging over a bit as I saw another man walk in. I slowed down instantly looking at him weirdly."You kids doing alright." The man nodded with a small smirk.We all walked over as I stood next to Thomas and Teresa staring at the man even more awkwardly then I thought we were."Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm." He said again.

"Who are you?" I asked looking at him blankly.The man smiled at me a little."I'm the reason your still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way. Now,come with me. We'll get you kids squared away." The man said. I scoffed while we walked away."You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place. For us this is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world." He said walking down a long hall of many sounds coming from every direction possible."You all should think of it as a way station. Kind of a home between homes.""Watch yourselves." He said pointing up at the sparks coming down."That mean your taking us home?" Thomas said as Janson looked at us."A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left from wherever you came from. But we do have a place for you. A refuge,outside the Scorch,where WICKED will never find you again. How does that sound?" He asked turning back around still walking.I scoffed and shook my head not buying it."Why are you helping us." Minho butted in."Really?" I said looking at him annoyed as he just looked at me with no emotion. "God." I muttered under my breath just so Minho and Newt could hear me."Lets just say the world out there is a rather precarious situation and we're all hanging on a very thin thread.The fact that you kids could survive the flare makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival. Unfortunately, it also makes you a target, as no doubt by now you've noticed." He said and we came to another door.

"Beyond this door lies the beginning of your new lives." He said scanning a keycard in a slot and opening the door infront.A long hallway was behind the door and I laughed a little."This is our new lives? A hallway." I scoffed.Janson laughed a little and started talking again."First things first,let's do something about that smell." He said raising his eyebrows at us as he lead us to some showers.

It was uncomfortable.

~

~WORD COUNT:651~