Baby's Room

Emma's POV

We finally reached home. We walked to our rooms and threw our bags on top of our beds. I searched for mom but she was nowhere to be found. Dad was working so he's not at home. August was also outside his room, searching for mom. We looked at each other when we found out where she is.

" The baby's room ! " we both shouted. We raced to the baby's room ans opened the door to see mom painting part of the wall since it hasn't been finished painting yet.

" You guys are home ! Would you mind helping me with painting the walls of the room ? " mom asked happily.

" Mom ! You shouldn't be here right now ! " we said, pulling mom back to her room.

" What's wrong with that ? " she asked, confused.

" You should be resting. " I said.

" We'll continue finishing up the room. " August said as we laid mom on the bed. She smiled at us.

We walked back to the baby's room and painted the walls. I painted the pink walls while August painted the blue walls. We ended up having a paint fight but was careful not to get the walls.

Dad came home and walked to the baby's room.

" What are you guys doing ? " he shouted. Mom came in a hurry towards our room.

" I guess they're having fun. " she laughed.

" This is fun ? " dad screamed.

" Honey, don't be too hard on them, they ar still teenagers. " mom held dad's shoulder.

" Go clean yourself ! " dad ordered. We ran to our rooms.

I took a bath and wore my pyjamas. August came to my room.

" What's up with dad today ? " August asked as he jumped on my bed.

" I don't know, maybe something from work ? " I said sitting on my chair. It has wheels so I glided towards my bed.

" Or us ? " August said, trying to figure something out.

" Kids ! Come down and eat ! " mom shouted. We raced downstairs to see dad sitting on the chair. As soon as he saw us, he took his plate and walked up.

" Don't mind your dad, he's just stressed out. " mom gestured us to sit down. We sat and ate quietly.

Dad finished eating and came down. He dumped his plate to the sink and went back up.

" What's with that ? I know something's up. " I said, looking curiously at mom.

" Your dad dosen't like people helping him finish up the room. " mom said sadly.

" Then ? Why did mom painted the room earlier ? " August asked, confused.

" Because he told me to. He wants to finish up the baby's room himself becuase he missed the time when you guy's rooms was supposed to be decorated. " mom said, looking down at her food.

" He missed it ? Why ? " I asked.

" He was on a businesa trip. He also missed the day you both were borned. When I gave birth to you two, he was also on a business trip. " mom putted her plate on the sink.

" I guess dad wanna do everything himself and wait for the time mom gave birth ? " August guessed. Mom nodded. We finish up eating and went back to my room. I sat on my bed thinking.

Dad missed our birthdate ?
He missed everything ?

I ended up falling asleep.

Thx for reading ! I hope ya'll like it.
Vote/comment. Xx