flash foward

Tyler's pov

*four years later* 

"Tyler!" He calls out for me. 

I smile and shake my head, exiting the room. "I think this is perfect." I say, looking over him from the banner. 

He looks around for me, finally realizing I'm above him. "Can you get down here please?" 

I giggle and roll my eyes. "One second love." 

I walk away from the banner, make my way down the stairs and to my husband in the middle of the living room. He holds his arms out for me, and I collide with his chest, squishing my face against him. 

He kisses the top of my head and laughs. "So you like it?" 

I nod and smile. "I love it, J. It's beautiful." 

///

"I just, I can't believe it." She laughs. 

I shrug and break the hug. "It's about time I get out of Columbus, mom. Let alone Ohio." 

She nods and fixes my hair, brushing it out of my face. "You need a haircut." 

I laugh and shake my head. "Me and Joshua have a contest to see who can grow their hair out longest in the shortest amount of time and so far I'm winning, so there's no way I'm cutting it now." 

She looks beyond me at Joshua and then back at me and sighs. "I'm gonna miss you so much, love bug." 

"Mom, I'm less than a five hour drive away." I softly smile.

"I know, but that's still a lot longer than just a 45 minute drive." She whines.

"Me and Joshua will visit all the time, on birthdays, holidays, graduations, just anything. And you and Dennis will visit all the time with his kids and with Jay and Zack and Madison."

She rolls her eyes and laughs. "I know most parents are proud of their babies when they're all grown up, but I just want you to be a small baby again. Running around with your little undies over your eyes and crashing into the table."

"Are you saying you're not proud of me?" I joke.

"Of course I'm proud of you, bug. I don't think I've ever been more proud of anyone."

I smile as a tear rolls down my cheek. "I'm gonna miss you so much mom."

"You and me both, kiddo."

A car door closes, drawing our attention to it. Joshua is sitting in the front seat, tapping his fingers to the music on the metal door, laughing at my siblings. I smile at the sight and sigh.

"You did such a good job raising us mom."

She laughs and rests her head on my shoulder. "Tyler, you raised those kids more than I did. I'm so sorry I didn't leave your father, I should never have let him do that to you."

"It's okay. I'm okay, and so are they. We all are, or at least we're going to be."

"I have no idea what I ever did to be as lucky as I am to have you as a son." She says.