what are you waiting for?

Tyler's pov

Month 16

"Moooom." I dragged out. "This is a serious problem!"

She laughs and shakes her head. "Tyler, I see absolutely no problem. You've gotten help, you're in therapy, you're getting better. You're happier and you love him. You've been given so many signs to do it, so go do it!"

"But I-"

"No, no buts. You love him and you know he loves you. You've been living together for a full year and a few months, you've known each other for just under three years. If you do love him, if you truly love him, go get him. What are you waiting for?"

//

"Hey! Are you doing anything today?" I ask into my phone.

"Uh no, you know this Tyler." He laughs.

"Right, right. Okay, well do you wanna have a picnic today? It's supposed to be really sunny and nice out." I ask, parking my car in the parking lot to our apartment building.

"Yeah, I'd love to! When would we go?"

I grab the full basket from my backseat and head out of the car. "Uh, like right now?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah, is that okay?" I say, walking inside the building. I get into the elevator and ride up to our floor.

"Yeah, that's okay. Just give me a second to get ready. Will you be home soon?"

I smile and unlock our front door. "Yeah, I'm actually inside. Where are you?"

"Oh, um, I'm j-just at Debby's, I'll be right over, okay?"

"Uh, okay, um, take your time, there's no rush."

"Okay, thank you. I'll see you soon, bye Tyler."

"Bye-" I was cut off by him hanging up.

What the fuck is he doing?

Oh my God, who is he doing?

Wait, he's not like that. He wouldn't.

Unless...?

Shut up, Tyler, you know he wouldn't do that.

He wouldn't if we were dating, which we aren't.

Yet. We aren't yet. We're doing that today.

Unless he's seeing someone and doesn't want to date you.

Oh my God, you're right.

I sigh and place the basket of food on the counter and head to my room to change. Shuffling through my closet, I pick out an everyday outfit. Black jeans and a yellow hoodie. Hopefully it doesn't get too hot out, but at least I wont be wearing a shirt underneath the hoodie.

What if he is seeing someone?

Tyler, shut up, stop being such a crybaby.

No, you shut up. My emotions are valid.

Like hell they are.

"Tyler?" Joshua called out. "I'm here, I'm just gonna get changed and I'll be ready."

"Okay! Take your time!" I yell back.

Oh my God, he got here so quickly. He wasn't at Debby's. Debby lives almost an hour away. Where the fuck was he?

I shut off my bedroom light and walk out to the living room. Looking inside the basket to make sure I have everything. Blanket, water, sandwiches, fruit, and a bag of mom's homemade cookies. Yep, I got everything.