strongest person i know

Joshua's pov

Month 1 

"Alright, thanks so much." I hang up the phone and open the door to the hospital room. 

Tyler's still sleeping so I tiptoe to his bed side and place the vase of flowers on the table. Or, at least I tried. The vase fell out of my hands and onto the floor, shattering into a million piece. 

"Fucking shit balls." I said quietly. 

I run to the bathroom and grab a towel to clean up the water. I scoop up the broken glass in the towel, and go to throw it away but as I stand back up, Tyler's eyes are open, making jump and drop all the glass again. 

"Holy shit!" I laugh. A small smile tugs on his lips, causing me to smile too. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I accidentally dropped a vase." 

He taps his finger on the side of the bed and I smile. It's been one month and a few days since he was emitted here, he's slowly healing. He has full control over his left hand again, it's completely healed. One of his three ribs is so close to being fully healed and his kidney is as good as new. We came up with more communication stuff too, he's doing so good. 

He's come so far, too far for me to just let him give up. I'll be with him every step of the way, I don't care how long it takes. Yeah, it's gonna be a long fucking road of healing physically and mentally, but he's strong. Strongest person I know. 

(sorry this chapter is so short! it's just a little filler!)