Chapter 87

Edited

"But promise you'll be easy on them? I was just angry talking when I said those things." Edwin said as he continued unpacking.

"There's no such thing as angry talking, Edwin. You wouldn't have said it if there wasn't a reason behind it." Aiden said as he ruffled his hair with the towel, walking out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, but... it wasn't to the degree I made it look. Joe and Max visited every second day. Ian called me every day. Brad and Finn messaged every day as well. They weren't gone gone, you know." He said as he stood up and walked to Aiden, taking the towel from him to dry the black strands himself, knowing that it would calm the other's nerves.

"But did they ask you how you were doing?" Aiden asked as he looked into his eyes.

"Ian did..." Edwin answered quietly as he bit on his cheek.

"Ian has too much love in his heart, he gives it to everybody. I would be shocked if he didn't care for you." Aiden said as he took Edwin's hands in his and rubbed his thumbs over them. "Look, I'm not looking for a fight. We're all grown-ups. We're just gonna talk. There's nothing for you to worry about. Really." The older leaned in and pressed his lips on the plump ones. The sound of the bell stopped them.

"Oh god, they're here! They're gonna kill us for ignoring them, Den! What are we gonna do?" Edwin was panicking as he looked at his boyfriend, perplexed.

Aiden laughed as he spanked the younger. "Don't worry. They're my friends! They're used to getting ignored. Go let them in while I get dressed."

Edwin actually felt guilty for causing this whole mess. If he hadn't said anything, none of this drama would have happened and therefore he wouldn't be so goddamn nervous about how to confront them after having ignored their calls and messages for days. There had been times he wanted to just reply to them, but then again, he didn't want to go behind Aiden's back.

Walking to the door, he opened it and was attacked by Ian hugging him instantly.

"My koala, I missed youuu. You okay? Why didn't you answer my calls? The only reason I didn't track you down was that I knew you two were okay. You've gained some weight, I see! It's looking good on you!" He ranted as he squeezed Edwin in his arms. He hugged back and giggled at the nonstop words that came out of the other's mouth, throwing questions at him without giving him a chance to reply.

"Where's he? Where's that asshole? I'm gonna beat the shit out of him." Joe said with a deep frown on his face, making his eyes almost disappear. He looked intimidating like that, although Edwin knew he was basically one of the sweetest people ever.

"Uh,... he's..." Edwin leaned back from the hug and pointed at the bedroom. Joe didn't wait for him to say that the older was getting dressed and just stormed off to the room.

"Den's naked. Do you think Joe will scream?" He asked Ian with a smirk.

"Nah, they've seen everything there is to see." The other answered, laughing as he closed the door and walked inside. "Eddie, we were really worried. Why didn't you guys answer our calls?" Ian said as he put the wine they had brought on the kitchen counter.

"Ian, I messed up! I got angry at Den, and then said I was left all alone and then he held some kind of grudge against you guys, I guess." He sighed and sat on one of the chairs by the counter.

"Well... I mean, you weren't completely wrong there. Finn went completely MIA, which I will bite his head off for as soon as he gets here, that brat. As for Brad... I don't even know why he got himself that busy all of a sudden! It was so unlike him to act like that. And Max... he's just a hot-headed kid. He was too caught up hating Hector's ass that I'm sure he didn't stop to wonder how you were doing. So what I'm saying is that you are entitled to feel a bit abandoned." Ian said as he got two crystal glasses from the minibar and poured some wine for the both of them, sliding one of the glasses on the counter to Edwin.