Chapter 23

Edited✔️

It was the third night Edwin was spending at Aiden's home, and he was utterly impressed and fascinated by how much effort the man put into his work. He was always busy, not having a second to himself, even working at home after he and Vincent both had fallen asleep. Aiden had told them to sleep on his king-sized bed from day 1. He had opposed, but the singer told him he wasn't going to be able to sleep that much anyway and the little amount of time he had to do so, would be on the chair in his studio cos it had a massaging function as well so it would help him relax a bit.

Right now, it was 2 AM, and there was company staff there at the house, arranging this and that about the upcoming album. Aiden looked like a zombie, literally. He was exhausted but still went along.

"So these are the concepts we have settled for. Tomorrow we're going to shoot the music video and then you'll have a few days to rest before the album release." Luis said.

Aiden nodded and sat back, sinking into the couch. "Ah... I forgot to ask," He spoke, rubbing his eye. "Was the song I gave Patrick well-received?"

The staff laughed at him. "Haven't you checked the charts?" One of them said, still laughing.

"I haven't had the time to blink."

"It's been #1 ever since the release, Aiden!" Luis said.

"Really? That's a relief." He said, sounding like he was talking in sleep.

"Do you want coffee?" Edwin asked him upon seeing his state. The other nodded. He stood up and went to the kitchen. When he came back, Aiden had already fallen asleep. He looked at Luis in question.

"Leave him be. We're done here." They stood up. "Oh, and don't wake him up. He won't be able to sleep again if you do. Just let him sleep here." And then they left.

Edwin felt bad for letting the man sleep in that position but it was better than not sleeping at all so he just put a blanket on him and went to sleep next to an already asleep Vincent in the most comfortable fluffy bed he had ever felt under his body.

When he woke up the next morning, Aiden was already gone. He saw a note on the fridge

'Tell Vincent to call Luis when he wakes up. They'll send someone to pick him up. Also, I ordered soup. Warm it up before eating.'

Edwin wasn't the type who ate breakfast, like ever, but he had been eating for the past 4 days cos Aiden kept forcing him himself or just ordered and made him eat cos otherwise he'd feel guilty for not eating the food the other had prepared for them.

Edwin ended up bringing Vincent to the hospital with him cos the younger told him he missed Lili and Lucas. When they went home that night, at 9 pm, they found Aiden deep in sleep on the couch with the outfit he probably wore when he left in the morning. He was basically one with the furniture. They just showered quietly and went to bed themselves. Edwin had a day off tomorrow, so they'd all be at home if nothing came up.

Aiden was asleep until 1 pm the next day. Only waking up to his phone ringing nonstop. — Edwin and Vincent had woken up at 8 and just stayed quiet so that the singer could get some good rest. — He searched for his phone, which was on the carpet, with closed eyes, picking it up and placing it on his ear without sliding the green circle on the screen, and then when the ringing didn't stop he whined, "Why are you still ringing?"

It was obvious that he was still half asleep. Edwin chuckled, taking the phone from his hand, sliding the answer icon, and placing it on the older's ear, keeping it there.

"Hm?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Ok. See ya." He answered and turned his head the other way, pushing his face further into the cushions. His voice was so beautifully hoarse that Edwin had secretly wished for the call to last longer.