Chapter 34

Edited

(2 years ago)

Three years in their relationship and they had grown to love each and everything about each other. Well, except for the fact that Aiden had to be away most of the time and when he was at home, Ian would be super busy at the company.

The company came into the picture a year and a half after Aiden debuted as a singer and in the meantime, Ian had decided to gather up his courage and do what he had always dreamt of; to have his own IT company. He sure had the knowledge, but he was short on money. Aiden, however, had earned a ridiculous amount of it during the short time of his singing career, so he offered his boyfriend the money he needed and Ian made him a member of the board of directors. Also, he asked him to help with some projects cos Aiden was better at certain topics and he gladly accepted.

That was how he ended up working in his free days on programming projects with dangerous deadlines at the beginning, without sleep. Ian as well was working his ass off for the company to earn its place in the business and be known. Selecting professionals, they soon made sure of their company's name was mentioned in important events.

But all in all, Ian was never as busy as Aiden. At least he was home overnight, sleeping in a bed his boyfriend used to be in before he went popular all of a sudden with the very first song the company had let him compose instead of giving ready songs to him to just sing although they didn't fit Aiden's style at all. And from that point on, he always made the songs himself. Meaning, he had to spend more time in the studio, making beats and melodies, writing lyrics, recording and practicing the choreographies. Aiden was the one who introduced Brad to the company. They accepted him as a choreographer and after a year, Brad was able to open his own dance school and lend some money to Finn so the guy could open his own restaurant, which was now a success. Everyone was winning in their lives when it came to their jobs, all of them. Even Joe was a known producer these days. The songs he made went head to head with Aiden's and they would chase each other on the charts, but it never affected their friendship. After a while, Aiden had asked Joe if he wanted to move to his company cos the CEO was interested in his music style and his best friend said yes. So at least he would see Aiden while they both were making songs.

It was all good, just that Ian was fucking lonely and miserable. He missed Aiden. He loved him too much. Too much, he felt like he would die if another day went by without him seeing his boyfriend. It was 3 AM when he decided to video call him. He wasn't in the same country, so it would be daytime. When he picked up and smiled at the screen, Ian immediately felt better but burst into tears.

"Ian? Baby, are you crying? What's wrong?"

Aiden's voice soothed his aching heart, but it wasn't enough. He wanted him to be there. He wanted him to hold him. To touch him.

"I miss you." He said as his voice cracked and more tears followed.

Aiden had tears in his eyes, threatening to fall at any second, but he was surrounded by people. "Wait baby, let me find somewhere quiet." Walking for a while with the phone in his hand, he finally walked into an empty room and sat down, looking at the camera again.

"Ian, my puppy, I miss you so much, you can't even imagine." He tried to smile to hide the glossy eyes, be the strong one in the relationship, but Ian knew him too damn well to be fooled like that.

"Why aren't you here then if you miss me so bad? Can't you just have fewer concerts? You had a concert there like a month ago, and now you're having one in the exact same fucking city. Your fans see you more than me."

Aiden just listened to him silently while wiping the tears that finally fell down, looking down cos he didn't dare look at Ian's eyes.

"I'm really sorry Ian, I really am. But the company sorts these schedules and there's nothing I can do. I promise I'll make it up to you, okay?"