Chapter 81

Edited

Blinking a few times and trying to get his brain to work, he tried so hard to remember if he had gotten drunk and ended up in this place somehow. Did he drink with Patrick and others last night?! He looked around in search of his phone but couldn't find it. He got out of bed, deciding it was best to get out of the room to see where he was even. As soon as he stood up, the door to the room opened and Edwin walked in.

"Eddie!" He smiled wide, knowing that he wasn't alone there.

"What kind of sick game are you playing with me this time, Hector?! What is this note? What does 'I'll take care of everything' mean?" The younger had a deep frown on his face and his tone was really nothing like how he always talked to him. Did he do something to upset him? And most importantly, who the fuck was Hector?!

"Who's Hector?!" He simply asked, looking at Edwin with wide eyes in confusion.

Edwin stood there and just stared at him for a couple of seconds before he narrowed his gaze. "So is that it? You're gonna have to update your pranks. I'm not gonna fall for that again, you ass. How many times have you done it already?!" The other crossed her arms over his chest and leaned on the wall, throwing him a very judgmental look. Something felt off.

"I... really don't know what you're talking about... Anyway, where are we? I can't remember how we came here." He said, walking to the window and looking outside. And that was when he recognized the place. It was the hospital. He was at the HOSPITAL!

He felt his breath hitch and his lungs closed. Why was he here again? Why was Edwin talking to him like that? Why couldn't he remember anything? Did... he do something?!

"Ed,... why are we in the hospital?" He asked quietly, fear crawling under his skin, turning his head toward the tall figure that was now standing straight with his hands hanging by his sides, watching him like he was some unknown creature.

"D-don't do this, Hector. It's not funny." His tone was serious, threatening even.

He had had enough of it. Walking to Edwin with fast steps, he grabbed the younger by the shoulder with both hands and looked straight into his eyes.

"Tell me why we're here. Please."

Edwin's eyes jumped between his and in less than a second, they welled up. Tears started rolling down his red cheeks like a waterfall. Those cheeks were not as round as he saw last night. Even holding Edwin like that, he could feel the other's bones straight under his palms. Edwin was so skinny. How could he have lost this amount of weight?! Was he missing something? He wasn't that skinny the last time they video-called, which was... yesterday! Right before the concert.

Worried as hell because of Edwin's outburst, he hugged him as tight as he could. Edwin started crying loudly and coughing, clutching onto his t-shirt and pressing his face in the crook of his neck. Aiden could feel the flowing tears wetting his skin. He stroked over Edwin's beautiful blue hair, letting the strands roll between his fingers as he waited for his boyfriend to calm down. He didn't know why he was crying. What he did know was that he had never seen him cry like this, not after Lili's disappearance many months ago. Edwin was trembling in his arms. He looked so small, although he was taller, way taller than him.

"Shhh... It's okay, baby. It's alright. I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I love you, Ed. I love you so much." He whispered in the younger's cute little ear before kissing his temple repeatedly.

After a couple of minutes, Edwin calmed down a bit and leaned back. He let go of the fabric of his t-shirt and instead started touching him and looking at him up and down. His arms, his chest, his shoulders, before those big palms cupped his face like a feather.