Chapter 22

Edited ✔️

Since the day Aiden was discharged, he had been busy 24/7. He really liked the song Vincent gave him, but it was just music with no lyrics and he didn't want to be the one to write for it. So he talked to Chad if he could take Vincent a few times to his studio to maybe help him write the lyrics for the song he made himself.

Chad was hesitant at first but had agreed, later on, wishing this would help the other get better somehow. So, today he picked up Vin from the hospital, and now they were there at his studio.

"I told you I can't. Nothing comes to my mind." Vin said for the nth time.

"And I told you, it's not possible. You just need a little push."

Vincent rolled his eyes and whined like a baby.

"Come on, Vin. You don't have to start now. Today you're just gonna be around while I work. I'm recording a track today so you can even tell me your opinion and comments, okay? You don't have to write anything today."

"Your album is due in 16 days and you still haven't recorded all the tracks?! What the fuck?!"

"I haven't had the time between the hospital sessions and the concerts and award shows and fan meetings. I'm recording the whole album this week. Don't look at me like that!" He threw one of the stuffed toys at Vin. The boy caught it and showed him his tongue in return.

Aiden went into the recording room and the process began. Aiden didn't tell Vincent that he wanted to add his song to his soon-to-be-released album cos he didn't want to put any kind of pressure on him, but he hoped the other would finally be able to write something, just for the sake of having written it. He wanted Vincent to be back on his feet, even if it meant he wouldn't be standing entirely strong.

For a whole week, he picked Vin up daily and took him back after 5-6 hours. It was Friday when he had a session with Chad, and then he was going to leave with Vin as usual.

"How are you doing, Aiden?" Chad asked.

"Busy. I don't even have time to think about anything, so we're good for now."

Chad smiled and nodded.

"I think it's time for us to start cutting you off of medication. You don't seem to need it anymore that much." The doctor wrote him a new routine for the medicine, decreasing the doses he had to take.

"How is Vincent doing? Have you noticed any change?" Chad asked, sounding really curious.

Aiden thought about Vin's behavior. "Not much, but while recording, he did give some very good opinions. You know, the ones only professionals can give. I was really fascinated."

Chad seemed surprised. "Really? Interesting."

"Aiden, can you-" He fixed his glasses. "Can you take him to your house for a few days? I want to see if he shows any change if he's surrounded in a musical environment again."

"I mean, sure, I can, but I move from one place to another the whole day. Wouldn't it be tiring for him? I'm afraid whether it will make him worse."

"It's a risk I'm willing to take. He's been here for a long time. I think he needs a push and I think maybe you are the help I needed all along."

"Woah doc! You're talking as if I'm some kind of hero."

"If you end up helping Vincent, you are." He smiled and paged Lucas.

"Lucas, could you help Vincent pack his stuff for a week? I'm gonna send him to Aiden's house."

"Okay... but why?!"