Chapter 79

Edited

"It's not fair. You said you'd come with us." Edwin whined and tried to make Aiden stand up from his chair.

"Eddie, I have to finish this, baby. I'm sorry, okay? I promise I'll make it up to you." Aiden took Edwin's hand that was pulling on his shirt and kissed the back of it before going back to his work.

"What's the name of the song you're working on?" He asked after slapping Aiden's bicep.

"Hmmm, not sure yet but I'm thinking 'goodbye'?" The other replied without looking up from his screen. "Why do you ask?" He asked after a moment, clicking through the many bars in the software.

"So that I will hate it when it gets released? You deserve it for ditching us last minute like this." Edwin was upset. Really upset. They all had set their schedules such that they would be free on that day, but here Aiden was, canceling again. It wasn't his first time.

Aiden laughed but stopped himself a second after, biting down on his lower lip that he sucked into his mouth to just control the laughter. Edwin was cute even if he was trying to appear angry, which was the exact thing the younger was going for at the moment, but no matter what he did, it was always super cute with how his lips got too pouty and his eyebrows raised more than usual.

The singer got out of his chair and hugged Edwin for a couple of seconds before letting go, cupping his face and pressing a gentle kiss on the delicious plump lips.

"Is my bluewin angry?" He caressed Edwin's soft cheek and chuckled to himself. Edwin was frowning. "Baby, I swear I really wanna go too, but they told me to make a song for the drama that's going to air in 12 days, a week ago. I have to finish it by tomorrow." He pecked Edwin's lips again. Still, Edwin didn't react to any of the touches.

"Why is your company always throwing things at you at the last minute? Can't they just, I don't know, be a little punctual?" He sighed and set himself free from Aiden by taking his hands away from his face. "Whatever, I'm gonna be late. Have fun working." Without any sign of a small smile or anything that showed Edwin had at least forgiven him a tiny bit or understood the situation, he left. Aiden looked at the now closed door of the studio and felt his heart ache, but there was nothing he could do. He had a deadline, and the melody was floating in his head and he needed to finish the song as fast as possible so that it would no longer repeat itself in his ears. Even if he had time, he probably would stay behind to finish it.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

"Why are you alone? Did he ditch us again?" Max asked as soon as he arrived at the place they had agreed to meet.

"Well, is there any other reason why I'm here and he's not?" Edwin was still upset. He was upset that Aiden had to work without sleep for the past week and had barely gone home when the company could tell him to make a song way sooner or just use one of the many brilliant songs he had on his hard drive that had never been released.

"Don't worry. You'll start getting used to it in like, two years or so." Ian patted his back strongly and snorted.

They got into the mini-van that Brad had rented and Edwin offered to be the driver to at least let his mind focus on something other than his boyfriend, mainly not hitting any animals that decided to randomly jump in front of the cars in the countryside.

The weekend turned out to be actually pretty fun. They met Finn's cousins and spent their whole day outdoors, playing soccer and volleyball and other games under the sun, resulting in them all having a perfect tan. No one mentioned Aiden like he was some kind of taboo, and the singer never called. He'd just sent a 'good morning' to which Edwin replied to with the same two words. He just didn't want to think about Aiden, cos thinking about him would result in him noticing that he wasn't there while they were all having fun and laughing their asses off. Meanwhile, Aiden was at his studio, working. Something told him that the guy could even have orgasms from working on songs and him being absent didn't mean he was being tortured. That he was maybe even having more fun than them with how in love with the whole producing process he was, but the guilt of being the only ones in the fresh air didn't leave him be. That was why he tried not to think about him as much as possible.