Chapter 41

edited

Aiden was losing his mind. So many things had happened in the previous week and he didn't know how to deal with all of it anymore. Why did all of them have to just come down on him at the same time? They weren't hard occasions, not that bad, but when they all collided together, they created a storm in Aiden's mind. One he couldn't handle for much longer.

First, he had gotten a call from the company the morning after the party while he was staying at Edwin's house. Going there, he found out that they wanted him to be involved in a dating rumor with an actress. An ACTRESS! The reason? Publicity! They wanted some articles concerning the singer. He had refused as he never ever wanted to date a girl, not even in his dreams, and he wasn't going to play their game either. He didn't want to be a liar. He loved his fans and his honesty too much for that. Eventually, they had started a fight and Aiden had said he would leave the company if they pushed him further and had rushed out of the building. Luis had called him many times, saying he had no idea the CEO had such plans or he would try to stop them, but that didn't change Aiden's mind. He wasn't going to do it. He could easily change his label. He was famous and so many companies wanted to work with him already. But there was a fee to pay in case of breaking the contract, a huge one, and he didn't want to pay the company for what they did wrong.

And then there was the other company, Ian's. One of the extensive projects that he had worked on in the past was in big trouble, and the company's reputation was at risk. Some newbie had messed a program up, and now they didn't seem to be able to solve it easily. He had heard it from Joe cos Ian still didn't want to have him around that much — and he himself didn't want to be around his ex because of the emotions he was still trying to get rid of — but in the end, he had called Ian and offered help. Because of the sensitivity of the situation, the man had gladly accepted and even thanked Aiden for it.

So the day the person who Aiden had assigned to search for Christian called, he was in the middle of re-programming and because he cared too much for Vincent, he took a few hours to take his long-lost lover back to him.

He even had to dye his hair because he had to have meetings with government personas and he couldn't be looking like a playboy for it. Not if he wanted his word to have enough impact. So he did it black after years of having colorful hair. And it had worked as they gave them a chance to solve the problems instead of taking the rights from them.

Working with Ian indeed brought back so many memories and thoughts. And he could not take a certain conversation they had during the past week out of his head.

They had just solved a major bug in the program after three days of nonstop work, basically solving most of the problem they were dealing with, and they decided to take a break. Sinking down on the couch in the office with beers in hand, they started talking.

"So... you and Edwin, huh?" Ian had been the one to break the ice. Sure, Joe had told him with much concern that he had got together with Ian and asked him if he was okay, and he said he was, but he still wasn't that okay with the whole situation, but he didn't own them. They could do as they wished. He had just been keeping his conversations to a minimum with Joe somehow without even realizing it himself, ignoring Ian completely, although they had seen each other a few times during the party and at the company these past days.

"There's nothing between us." He replied with a cold voice. He was tired. He had got back from tour to lock himself in the studio, not to face Joe, Ian or Edwin just to be dragged to a party with all of them there and later on, under pressure from two companies for different reasons. He felt like dying being that close to his first love. Sometimes he wanted to just jump and kiss him, and at that exact moment, he could see a blue-haired Edwin in front of his eyes.