Chapter 51

Edited

It had been five days since Aiden left for Thailand. Edwin had said he wouldn't contact him to sort his thoughts out. Which he didn't need to cos he had already thought about those things a million times. He could say he was ready to cope with them, and that he didn't really mind a celebrity lifestyle. But for Aiden's ease of mind, he had agreed to what the older offered. So after five days of no connection whatsoever, he was missing him, and he was going insane over it.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

Finn created a group chat

Finn renamed the group chat to "MISMATCH SQUAD"

Finn added Brad

Finn added Aiden

Finn added Edwin

Finn added Ian

Finn added Joe

Finn added Max

Max: What is this? Where am I? Why am I here? Is this heaven? Have I died?

Brad: Typical Max!

Max: Seriously tho! And why is it named MISMATCH SQUAD? I was not in the squad.

Finn: I just couldn't think of any other name. Feel free to change it.

Edwin: Guys... I'm not sure I should be here??

Finn: Shut up Ed! I've already told you. You don't need Den to be around to communicate with us!

Max: Ok. But has anyone thought of a new nickname for my big bro?

Ian: Who needs a new nickname when we call him bunny all the time?

Brad: Yea... About that... He kinda sorta told us not to call him that anymore a while back.

Ian: oh. I don't care though. I'm gonna call him bunny and no one can stop me. Watch me!

Finn: Speaking of the bunny! Who's been in contact with him? Edwin?

Edwin: No.

Brad: He's fine. Just barely has any time to sleep. He said he was going to too many TV programs there.

Max: Where's dimples?

Brad: Busy making songs.

Ian: Brad!!! Stop!!! I am supposed to be the one who knows everything about everything. You're stealing my role.

Finn: Aren't you supposed to be busy running a whole company or something?

Ian: Aren't you supposed to be busy chopping onions or something?

Edwin: ...... Alright. Talk to you later, guys. I'm off to practice.

Ian: You scared him OFF you evil!

Finn: Oh shut up Ian! Anyway, update us on Aiden if you got any news. It's barely been a week and we can already feel his lack of presence around wtf.

Brad: The company is not the same when I visit when he's away as well. Even the staff say so.

Max: Aren't they the ones who gave him the nickname 'asshole' tho?

Joe: Well... he can be a pain in the ass while making music and not getting what he wants, losing his temper and all so....

Ian: DIMPLES!

Joe: DOLPHIN!

Finn: *throws up* ugh, bye.

Ian: His single ass got jealous! lmaooo!!!

Joe: :')))

***

Aiden: New group?

Max: Yep. Sup bro?

Aiden: The usual. Dead tired. Won't fall asleep. Same old same old.

Finn: ISTG!!! How can you even manage to have time to go to the gym on such a packed schedule? The pic you posted just now was INSANE!

Aiden: Cutting sleep of course! Why do you even ask!?

Finn: *** sighs *** I'm gonna post an embarrassing picture of you cos I warned you beforehand about this. It's all your fault at this point.

Aiden: FINN!!!

??????

GET YOUR ASS BACK IN HERE AND DO NOT POST ANY PHOTOS OF ME.

........

I'm gonna kill him.

(3 minutes later)

Aiden: ahahaha.... F, don't kill me but I already shared that photo with the fans a million years ago!!

Finn: Why do I even bother... I'm out for now bitches.

Brad: Den, when will you come back?

Aiden: Dunno. Something's come up and I might have to go to Jakarta after this for a few days but it's not 100% yet.

Joe: What?! Everything okay?!

Aiden: Yeah... I can't tell you anything now. Sorry.

Brad: But you sure you're okay? You're being suspicious!

Aiden: Everything's fine guys! Geez! I have to go now. Night night or day day or whatever. Den out.

Max: That... didn't sound right! But anyways...HAVE YOU SEEN MY BRO'S MUSCLES?! I AM JEALOUS! WHY DON'T I HAVE SUCH GENETICS?

Joe: You're good being smol. Shut up.

Max: Hmph :(

Upon reading the chat and what Aiden said, Edwin felt uneasy. Did it mean he would have to keep his distance for more days or could he call him after the 7 days were up? Also, he noticed Aiden and Joe were talking casually like nothing was wrong between them. Had they made up? He groaned and threw his phone away, emptying the water bottle in his hand in one go. He had been practicing nonstop for the show they were attending.

The day Aiden left, Edwin had gone to the hospital to personally hand in his resignation. Chad didn't look all that happy about it, cos let's face it, Edwin was a hell of a good doctor, but he was supportive nevertheless. Saying goodbye to the doctors and nurses there and packing his stuff from his office, he headed out to go back to his long-forgotten apartment. The one he hadn't been to for a long time now. It took him a day to clean the place up and pack the things related to the hospital and his former work in boxes to put away, as he didn't really need them around anymore. And from the second day, he started going to the dance school. He, Brad, and a few more dancers would practice until they felt like dying. Sometimes the company would call and Brad had to leave for a few hours while they kept on practicing on their own. Edwin was dead tired, but he hadn't felt that alive in a very, very long time. He figured he'll never regret quitting the hospital after all.