Chapter 26

Edited

Aiden wasn't lying about being super busy. He was out of reach for a whole week, and he only managed to text back a couple of times before passing out somewhere in the studio or the practice room. Edwin was worried whether he was having one of those stomach issues again due to the overwork, but he didn't want to make Aiden uncomfortable by asking about it. So he could only wish the other was doing good.

Today his music video would be out, and tonight the album would be released. Edwin had heard the melody to most of the songs but never heard the lyrics, only the one Aiden himself seemed to hate. It was near 4 o'clock and the five of them, meaning Lili, Vincent, Lucas, Chad, and him, were gathering in the head doctor's room, in front of the TV, waiting for the MV to be played. And when it did, their jaws dropped all the way to the ground. The song, the melody, the lyrics, and the dance were all on point. And Aiden was super sexy! Also, he had blond hair. B.L.O.N.D hair! The music video had a dark theme, him and the dancers wearing black from head to toe and dancing to the beat like their lives depended on it.

"Well... That was interesting." Chad said when the MV ended.

"That was AWESOME!" Lili and Vin screamed together.

"That boy can dance, damn!!" Was Lucas's comment.

Edwin was blushing out of nowhere and was the first one to excuse himself out of the office.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

When he got home, he showered at the speed of light, ran out — almost broke his neck — and played the music video again. Aiden was super fucking hot with this blond hair and the new undercut. His fingertips tingled at the thought of touching the freshly shaved hair and he definitely felt a certain way at the hip thrust move. Damn, he was acting like a teenager for this man!

Once he watched the MV a few times, he played the album. He didn't know which song was his favorite cos he simply loved them all. The song Vin had made was amazing and Aiden had sung it beautifully, but song after song, he felt more pain in his heart listening to the lyrics:

'Sitting on the rooftop of a building far away

My eyes fixed on the street that had you drift away

A bird sits beside me every time I go

And I talk to it, hoping it'll deliver my every word

I want to hear your voice; I don't care if you yell

I want to feel your hands again; I don't care if it'll cause me pain

Today hurts and tomorrow will too

So I'll selfishly wait until I can turn back time and fix everything with you

Do you sometimes think of me as the world goes on?

If you're the same as me, please let's just move on

Forgive me this one last time, won't you?

The glass isn't shattered yet, if only you'd say you miss me too.'

***

'People always say 'Oh how to get rid of this pain?'

'I don't wanna have one more nightmare, no, not one more nightmare.'

But to me those dreams are all I got left

Every night seeing you

Even if it opens my every wound