Chapter 46

Aiden came back shortly after Ian left. If the other had stayed merely 20 more minutes, he would catch the person he had come for. As soon as he step foot into the apartment, he stopped and looked around.

"What?" Edwin asked from the spot he was sitting at, watching TV.

Aiden had a question mark on his face. "Was... was Ian here?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yeah. How did you know?!"

"Well, I can smell his cologne. What did he want?" He said, resuming his walk to the bedroom and taking his jacket off.

Edwin was amazed by the man's smelling sense. It also meant how well he knew Ian to even know the cologne he used by heart. Getting lost in his thoughts again, he forgot to answer the older as he disappeared from his sight. After a few minutes, he came back in comfortable clothes.

Looking at the sink and back at Edwin, he frowned. "You haven't eaten anything yet, have you?"

"I... wasn't feeling hungry."

"If you wait to feel hungry to eat, you're gonna end up dead without noticing it yourself, Edwin. I told you to order something. How long has it been since I left?!" He scolded him.

"Why are you yelling at me?" He pouted unintentionally.

"I'm sorry, it's just, you need to eat. Have you seen how skinny you've become?"

"I'm always skinny."

"True, but not this much. You won't eat unless I shove the food down your throat. It's not healthy and you're supposed to be the doctor here."

Edwin rolled his eyes and sat back, crossing his arms and looking out the glass wall.

Aiden called the restaurant, ordered a shit load of food, and came to sit down next to him after.

"Edwin."

"Hmm?"

"I bumped into Kurt today. He was really worried about you. Said you wouldn't answer his calls." He had bumped into the older on his way back home.

As Edwin didn't seem to pay attention and continued looking out the window, Aiden grabbed his chin and turned his face toward himself so that they were facing each other.

"I know it's hard and you think you could prevent things from happening if he told you, but it's not like he had much of a choice himself, either. Lili trusted him with the information and you know him, he could never betray her trust." Edwin's eyes had tears in them, threatening to fall, but he held them back. He looked tired, emotionally. Upon noticing that, Aiden leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on the plump lips, pausing like that for a couple of seconds before pulling back. He looked at the blue-haired boy thoroughly before pulling him into a hug, pressing the younger's head on his chest and stroking his hair.

"Just give him a call when you feel like it. He really, really misses you. I could see it in his eyes." He whispered and kissed Edwin's head.

"Speaking of not answering calls and stuff, why are you ignoring Joe? Ian said you're not even replying to his texts." Edwin pulled back from the hug to be able to look at Aiden's face. The older tensed a bit and tried to stand up, but Edwin was fast enough. He grabbed his wrist and made him sit back down.

"You're not escaping from this again, Aiden. This is getting out of hand. You guys are supposed to be best friends. Didn't you say they both deserve this?"

"I still think the same." Aiden said while looking down.

"So? Why are you avoiding him?" Edwin noticed how the man swallowed hard and clenched his jaw.

"It's just that it kind of hurts when I look at them. It reminds me of what they did. I was super happy when Joe came back, but now it's all haunting me again and I just..." He sighed. "I just need some time away from them. I'll call him when I'm feeling better."

Edwin kept looking at him intently, eyes jumping between his facial features. "Well, then we're both on the same page here. Both of us need some space from people we used to be close to." Edwin said and came back into his embrace, resting his head on his chest again. They sat like that quietly for a couple of minutes while Aiden continued stroking the blue hair he loved so much. In his head, he was saving the feeling and the view he had in front of his eyes. He wanted to carve it all on a stone and keep it close to him while he had to be working and away from the beauty in his arms.

"Edwin."

"Baby~" The younger replied playfully, his finger running up and down Aiden's abdomen as he began placing feather-like kisses on the skin of his neck. Aiden grabbed his wrist to stop him and pulled his head back a bit, away from the sinful lips.

It made Edwin pout and whine. "Whyyy?"

"Because I basically destroyed you last night and you're pale as fuck and have no energy to go through another round."

Edwin used all his strength to free his hand from Aiden's, and started caressing his thigh. "But you can just let me please you. You won't have to do anything to me."

Aiden exhaled roughly at the touch, but he stopped Edwin again. "No, Edwin. I'm not letting you do anything while looking like that."

Edwin pulled back a bit with his pout growing bigger, making his lips look even plumper. Aiden swallowed the desire to jump him and devour those lips roughly.

"Are you saying that I'm ugly?"

The older couldn't hold back anymore as he cupped Edwin's face and placed a closed mouth kiss on his lips. "You are unable to look ugly, even if you wore a potato sack and haven't showered for a month. What I meant is that you look pale. Your body is even colder than usual, and I'm not letting you get away with it." He placed another kiss on the pouty lips. "The food is gonna be here soon and I'm gonna make you eat at least three plates."

"I'm gonna explode, you know!" Edwin protested while letting the weight of his head rest on the older's palms.

Aiden just looked at him like that. That beautiful face cupped by his hands and the soft cheeks squished against them. It was so very cute. He couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face.

"What?" Edwin asked, returning the smile a bit.

"You're adorable." Aiden simply replied and the pink shade that he loved so much appeared on the younger's face. Edwin tried to pull back and hide his face cos he was feeling shy, but Aiden didn't let go of him.

"Why? You didn't like my compliment? Should I say something else? Like..." He pretended to think hard while Edwin looked at him with widened eyes as his attempt to run and hide had failed. "Like how you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen? Or like, you look really good when you let me do what I want to you? Oooor... How beautiful those lips look around my d-"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence as Edwin jumped up from the couch and covered his ears. "Aaaa, I can't hear you aaaaaaa~"

Aiden laughed out loud, holding his stomach as Edwin acted like a 12-year-old virgin, so unlike the sinful things he had done during their last night's sex.

He was almost unconscious by the laughter when the bell rang, indicating that their food had arrived. Standing up and ruffling Edwin's hair, he picked up his wallet from the counter and went to get the food.