Chapter Seventeen- A Lone Flight

“I’m going ahead.”

“What!” Danielle said turning around to look at Miranda with wide eyes. Her mouth opened and closed a few times, before she could talk. “Please repeat what you just said?”

“I’m going ahead,” Miranda said slower, wondering why Danielle didn’t get it the first time. Or why she was trying to look like a fish.

“Why?” Jerry asked looking at the blonde. In fact everyone was looking at her, on one knowing where her words had come from.

“I need to.”

“Miranda, that isn’t an answer,” Danielle told her sister.

Miranda didn’t say anything, her wings coming out of her birthmark. The white wings soon standing proudly on her back, a smile on her face.

“Miranda…”

“It’s important.”

“Miranda, we’re just worried about you.” Austin said looking at the smaller girl, he wanted to pull her into a hug and never let her go.

“You have to trust me.”

“We do.”

“Then don’t worry.”

“We worry, because we care.”

“Why can’t you tell us?” Danielle asked.

Austin looked at her. What Danielle had told him was true, she didn’t think anyone would love her and in turn worry. Danielle was worried, she didn’t care what her sister’s actually age was, since she could only see her physical age. Jerry trusted Miranda and that she would’ve told them if it didn’t put them in danger.

“Trust me,” Miranda said putting her right hand on her left arm.

“We do trust you,” Danielle said while pulling her into a hug, being careful of the girl’s wings. “We just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I won’t get hurt.”

“We know that,” Austin told the girl with a smile on his face. “Doesn’t stop us from worrying.”

“Of course you won’t,” Jerry said crossing his arms “now that you have the will to fight and protect, nothing will be able to hurt you.”

“Meaning?”

“Austin you told me this.”

“Explain.”

“You’re only at your strongest when you have someone to protect.”