Chapter Ten- Ancient History

“Austin, wake up, Austin,”

“Five more minutes,”

“Austin, we need to leave,” Miranda said sitting on the boy’s bed. After the spell, both of them couldn’t be stuffed leaving since it was the middle of the night. Luckily, there was a place to sleep and Miranda had let him have the needed eight hours, while she herself only needed about six.

“Please mum, just five more minutes,” Austin muttered turning around, showing the sleeve to his grey t-shirt.

“Austin… I’m not your mother nor do I want to be.”

Carefully opening an eye, Austin expected to see his mum’s light blonde hair, instead he saw Miranda’s golden locks and then her blue eyes. A deep red tainted his checks and he muttered ‘sorry’, before hiding his face in the pillow.

Miranda giggled and looked around the old room. They needed a plan, one that she and Danielle were starting to create. However, they needed a safe place. One that the demons couldn’t get to. This house wasn’t it, only one was… one that was build years ago.

“Miranda?” Austin asked. The girl was being quiet and he didn’t know what was going through her mind “is something wrong? And if so, how can I help?”

“Just thinking.”

“About what?”

“Danielle called last night,”

“Did something happen?” Austin asked while sitting next to the girl “is Jerry okay? You can tell me,”

“Jerry’s fine, Danielle’s keeping an eye on him,” Miranda told him, while looking at the purple sheets “we were just starting to make plans and we need to look for something… before we can go to Russia,”

“And what are we looking for?”

“You’ll just have to wait.”

“In that case, don’t worry Miranda,” he told her, while putting his arms around her waist “everything will work out in the end, you’ll see,”

“How do you know?”

“I believe in you, so trust yourself,”

“Austin, we need to get something ready,”

“Something going to happen?”

“Everything has a risk,” she told him while getting off the bed and picking up her hacking bag. She also picked up Austin’s putting it next to the boy “you should know that. Mr Vampire Hunter,”

“Very funny,”

“We’re going to my mother’s old house,”