Chapter Six- Savanna and Parker Rose

Tamia watched her cousin pace around the kitchen. It was two in the afternoon and he been doing this since one. She could tell he was nervous and she didn’t blame him, since she was also nervous. Another vampire hunting family were coming over. One that was close to their family, both of them were friends to Drew.

Both Savanna and Parker knew what the basement was for. Tamia knew that they would report them to the guild. The two were in their late thirties and didn’t do much themselves. She knew that Austin was worried about Miranda, but she waited for him to say something.

Austin didn’t know what he was going to do. He hated the Rose family, all of them just went along with what his dad had done. He knew something bad might happen, since Miranda kept asking him about Russia and where it was. She had grown quiet once he had shown her a map.

“Austin, calm down,” Tamia said. It had been another half an hour of pacing and she knew this wasn’t healthy for him “why don’t we just get Miranda from the basement,”

“Her eyes.” Austin told her. He didn’t know anyone with a red ring around their pupil, he was just glad that they didn’t have to worry about her wings.

“Medical condition.”

Austin didn’t say anything. Luckily her injuries were healed, she told him that the blood he had given her helped. That not getting enough blood was like him not getting enough sleep, once you slept it went away and it was the same with her blood lust.

Tamia sighed at her cousin’s silence. She looked at him with her hands on her hips. He knew she meant business “Austin, why don’t you talk to Miranda,” she told him while crossing her arms “It’s her life and I’m sure she’ll be fine with playing human for a few hours,”

“What if she doesn’t?”

“When your dad found her, she didn’t fight,” she sighed. Both dad and son had thick skulls and forgot that people had their own options, Drew was worse at this, but Austin had his moments “she wanted to live, she didn’t see the point in fighting a losing battle, this won’t be any different,”

“Dad’s been gone for three days, three,” Austin muttered “If you’re sure, then I can ask her. However, I might need to come up with a backup plan…”

“Austin, just go talk to your girlfriend,”

“She’s not my girlfriend!” Austin shouted as he stopped pacing, a look of shock on his face. He should be glad that his dad wasn’t here, but he didn’t know that the household thought it had a girlfriend.  

“When the Rose’s are here, she is,”

--   

“Play human,” Miranda asked while watching at her stressed friend. He was only sitting down, because she made him “didn’t know that was a game. Is it like that ‘play fish’ or ‘play dead’ game? And if it isn’t, is there a game called ‘play vampire’?”

“I think so,” Austin told her when he thought about what she said. The fact she was making jokes, wasn’t helping him “I just don’t want them to find out you’re a vampire, because they’ll report you to the guild and then they’ll kill my dad,”