Chapter Two- The Last Vampire

“They won’t be happy about this,” Jerry told Austin. Drew had gone back to the hunting guild to tell them about the Black’s down fall. He was also the leader of the Hell family, so it would be easy to lie about the thing in the seat behind them “it’s a vampire, aren’t we meant to kill vampires,” 

“Jerry, she’s a girl, not an it,” Austin sighed from the driver’s seat of his car “even then, we have to feel sorry for her. I don’t know what dad has planned for her, but it won’t be pleasant,”

“Feel sorry? Are we one the same page?” Jerry hissed glaring at the knocked out female in the back, silver around her wrist and ankles “It’s her kind that killed humans for their own twisted amusement,”

“Aren’t we the same?”

“The same? How are we the same?”

“We’re the same since, some of our kind killing each other, for their own twisted amusement,” Austin told them, it was one of the many things he disliked, people who judge someone and then it do themselves “We people who beat and kill their own children. Rape and torture the defenceless. However no one has calmed that humanity is like that,”

“They drink blood!”

“Yes, Jerry, they drink blood. Not ‘human’ blood, but blood.” Austin said while rolling his eyes at his brother’s judgement “Animals have blood, we also have pills that can replace blood. Ones that are used for people who lack iron or have lost a lot of blood,”

“Still don’t feel sorry for the thing,” Jerry muttered under his breathe. She was still breathing, was she? Their dad was lying to the head of the guild. They were given orders to kill her kind, but they weren’t “it’s still alive, we’re risking our life for a blood sucker,”

“How many humans are alive?”

“Over six billion.”

“And how many vampires are alive? Now we’ve sorted out the last family?” Austin asked keeping his eyes on the road “She’s the last known vampire. She no longer has a family nor does she have friends. To make it worse, I think dad wants to use her for power,”

“Power, but aren’t we one of the strongest families in the guild?” the boy asked as they’re home came into view. The Hell family moved to America when she first become colonised, picking a remote location “How is someone as small as her going to give us more power?”

“I don’t know, Jerry,” Austin sighed as he parked in the garage, they had to wait for their dad, while making sure the girl didn’t run for it, not that he blamed her if she tried “I don’t know what he wants, but I don’t have a good feeling about it,”

“Isn’t strength good, power better?”

“No, Jerry, they’re not,”

“Why not?” Jerry asked. His dad always wanted to have more power and he told him that it was a god thing, while he was sure that his mum would have disagreed, she was dead and so he didn’t know what her view was.