Chapter Twenty-Two- Broken Spells and Freedom

Danielle looked at her sister with shock. Blood going down her arm, dripping onto the ground. Miranda was holding her arm in pain, watching as the seal started to break.

“Miranda -”

“I need to continue,” Miranda told her sister, ignoring her arm to do the spell. They didn’t have time to see if the one before it worked, they would need to just do it.  

--

“You shot her!” Austin shouted. Both he and Jerry just looked at the gun in Drew’s hand, a smile on his face. He looked at Miranda, the blood going down her arm. Danielle told them what would happen… if something like this was done. “You have no idea what you’ve just done.”

“We’re going to die, because of your ego,” Jerry hissed.

“Done? Die?” Drew laughed looking at the two of them, dropping the gun on the ground, it only had one bullet. “I’m getting rid of the slut that can control the brain!”

“Wait… she can what?” Savanna asked looking at her husband and then the bleeding blonde. She was still doing the spell, even though the pain in her arm must be bothering her. “Drew… what did you say?”

“Control the brain.”

“Image what she can heal!”

“I don’t care,” Drew hissed looking at his friends. Jerry and Austin were just watching as the pure white light started to change “I wasn’t able to break it.”

--

Now’s the time three times three, this spell I bound, so mote it be,” Miranda said putting her hands up, blood going onto her drawn lines, the light going from white to a dark red.

Danielle could only look at her sister, the gunshot wound. Someone had shot her sister, someone shot Miranda in the arm and they would pay for what they did.

“For the greater good of all and with harm to none. This spell is bound and will not be undone,” Miranda said while tears went down her checks. “By the power of three time three. As I will, so mote it be.”

--

“Break it… we don’t have to break her,” Parker said looking at his friend. Something wasn’t adding up, they killed vampires for the good of everyone on the planet. “If the head knew this, he’d want this girl in a cage. Image the number of people she could cure.”

“It’s a vampire!” Drew hissed balling up his fists. He wanted to punch something, his sons were too far away and both looked like they were on their guard.

“Yes, but unlike the others,” Savanna told him a smile on her face. “She can be of us, to help better humanity. Get rid of those with disabilities, we’ll save hundreds on taxes.”