Chapter Twenty-Six- Diamond and Turquoise

“Miranda!” Danielle screamed when she walked into the hallway of their mother’s place. Miranda had shown her where it was, when she was looking for the seal. Jerry had fallen asleep, she knew she wasn’t going to fly as fast as Miranda, since she didn’t have anyone’s life on the line. “Miranda, we’re here!”

“Over here!” Miranda shouted back.

“Where?”

“Here!”

“That’s not an answer.”

“Follow the mud.”

“Follow the mud?” Jerry asked. He didn’t know what she was talking about, until he looked at the floor. There was a trail of mud on the white tiles. Looking at Danielle he asked “Do you think their okay?”

“I don’t know,” Danielle told him when they started following the muddy foot prints. “But when we get there. We’ll find out.”

--

Miranda just looked at the male on the bed. When she got to the forest, it started raining, something she took as a bad sign. Without caring about the mud on her feet, she ran into the first bedroom she found.

When she gave him a check-up, making sure she didn’t miss anything, she found a poison. She knew that girl poisoned him. She had to make sure that it didn’t spread, but she didn’t know how to get rid of the poison that was eating away at his muscles. Soon it would start eating at his organs, then he’d die, not on her watch though. 

“The only good thing is that it’s slow to spread,” Miranda whispered to herself leaning over a large book. One her mother wrote into a book, the original was a few scrolls. She needed to know if the poison was known and if not, what herbs might help.

“Miranda, what happened?”

“I’m sorry, Jerry.”  

“Sorry about what?”  Jerry asked as he looked over her shoulder. She was reading something, but he wasn’t about to read a word from it, in fact it was a bunch of pictures. “What are you reading?”

“Herbs.”

“What langue is it written in?”

“Mother re-wrote it,” Miranda said while turning to the next page. “It was a scroll from Ancient Egypt, she kept it in the same langue.”

“Anyway, old book aside,” Danielle said while looking at Austin, she might know anything about health or healing, but she was sure that he was growing pale and was covered in sweat. “He’s been poisoned and your trying to find the cure.”

“Pretty much,” Miranda told her while turning the page. Lavender wouldn’t be able to help, not in this situation. “I’ve read more than fifty book and I can’t find anything. Ones from this century and then older. This is the first ancient one I’ve read, but then I’ll look at Ancient China’s cures.”