Chapter One- Hell Family

Austin hated the screams that came from the battle field. He hated fighting, but what he hated the most, was his family’s tradition, one past down for generations. Dead. That was what the vampire race was, nine noble families and the Black family was the last.

They had just finished off the last five known vampires. All of them from the black family. Their leader, Luis Aston Black, was also dead along with the rest of his sons. His father, Drew Harold Hell, were overing seeing their bodies being burned.

This was something his older sister wanted to get away from. Siena thought her family’s ways were inhumane, Austin would have left when he turned eighteen, besides from the fact that he had to look after his youngest brothers. After Stephen he didn’t want to lose another brother.

“Why do we have to kill them?” Austin asked his dad who shared the same tan skin and brown hair “A whole race can’t be entirely bad or evil. Some most have been good and kind, lovely and sweet,”

“It doesn’t matter,” Drew told them “If more were around, then you’d see. The things that have hunted us down for centuries are dead! All of them are no good blood suckers! It’s just a shame that we couldn’t find one alive,”

Prejudice against another kind, one that they didn’t understand. Austin hated the fact that his dad was blinded by hatred and old judgements.

“Dad! Austin!” a voice calld out from the other side of ruined landscape. Both males looked up, to see a young boy around sixteen with ash blonde hair. The only way to tell they were related, was the fact that Austin and his brother had the same acid green eyes.

“Jerry, what’s wrong?” Drew asked his youngest. The sixteen year old had looked like he had ran a marathon and with their last vampire hunt, the boy was bound to be tired.

“I found someone in a cave,” Jerry told them after he caught his breathe, his dark clothing were covered in sweat, as where his family’s. He didn’t know what to make of the girl, she was quiet and didn’t attack him, even when he was by himself “I don’t know what to make of her. She won’t talk, she won’t look at me. So she’s tied up where I found her,”

“She couldn’t be a vampire,” Drew whispered. A vampire would have killed Jerry, the boy was by himself and tired. By the looks of it, his son didn’t have any bit marks nor did he have extra injuries.

“I don’t know,” Jerry said while whipping the sweat from his brow “She wasn’t doing anything, even when I tied her up, she didn’t move a muscle,”

“Jerry, take me to this cave,”

Jerry just nodded and led back to the cave. It was next to a spring, deep in the forests heart. Austin didn’t know why Jerry was this far from the battle sight, but made a note to ask later. The cave itself wasn’t really big, just carved out of the mountain, one that was most likely used by a bear during the last winter.

Drew looked around the entrance, before looking at his youngest. He was sure that they had the last five. Then again, one might have been lucky and wasn’t there when they find them.