Chapter Eight- Trouble in Russia

It had been two weeks since Savanna and Parker visited. Drew wasn’t happy for the news, bu1t was glad that Austin had lied to them. He wasn’t happy about the fact that Miranda wasn’t in the basement, but he understood why Austin kept her out. The Rose family was bound to come over again and he’d rather the girl trapped in the house, then the busy bodies knowing about her.

Austin heard from his dad two days after the call. Savanna had called him, so Drew had told her the story that the two come up with. Austin could tell that his dad wasn’t happy with the things Savanna had told him.

“Miranda, we’ll have to go visit my sister,” Austin said while reading an email on her laptop. He had just told Siena what was going “we’ll give the servants a holiday, give them some time off. I’ll sent Jerry an email, so he knows where in the airport to meet us,”

“Austin, is something going to happen?” Miranda asked while watching the news. In her time, most things that were in the newspaper where weeks old and the issue was no longer a problem.

“My dad… I don’t know if his going to risk it any longer,”

“Austin, I won’t go down without a fight,”

“But you didn’t before!” Austin said while looking at the blonde. She was standing, ignoring the lady on the screen, something was in her eyes.

“I didn’t have you or Jerry,” she told him, her left hand going on her right arm “I didn’t have anyone to live for after my family was gone. Maybe there’s a chance that Danielle is alive, I won’t know until she calls.”

“How old is she?” Austin asked while pulling the blonde into a hug. He knew what he felt for her. He didn’t care that she was a vampire and was older than him.

“She’s physically twenty,” Miranda said while accepting the hug “she was born the first year of independence,”

“Then they’ll be a chance of her living,” he told her. It was easier for someone in their twenties to get around, he was going to say something, but Miranda’s phone had stopped him.

“May I ask whose calling,” she said when she answered her phone, the number was a private one and she didn’t want to give anything away “Danielle? You’re alive, but how?”

Austin looked at her with shock. She was the last of Miranda’s family, another reason for the girl to live. The same on her dad kept an eye out for, for the last two years of his life. He didn’t stay in the room, not wanting to come in the way of her happiness.

He was happy for her, but he was also worried. Did this mean that she was going to leave, leave him behind? She didn’t have reason to stay here nor stay by his side, but he hoped she did.

--

“Austin!” Miranda shouted from the living room. Austin was talking to Tamia about the blonde’s sister being alive and what information they had on her. The two of them looked at each other, before running back to the room.