Chapter Twenty-Four- Fight or Flight

“Miranda, I hope you don’t mind,” Trina shouted while summoning her sword. An old blade, one even someone new to swordplay could tell that she didn’t take care of her blade. Ruse danced across the blade, leaving very little metal to be seen. “But you’re going to die today. Or you can hand over the human and live.”

Miranda only looked at the laughing female, while unsealing her own sword. She looked at Austin, she wouldn’t hand him over. The first human, since Thomas, who had treated her with kindness and didn’t care what she was. “I won’t hand him over.”

Trina only ran out her, sword aiming for the other’s heart, but Miranda was able to block in time. Red eyes meet blue, causing Trina to hiss at her. “You’re going to die.”

“I won’t die,” Miranda told her hitting her sword away from her and aiming at Trina’s shoulder. If she was able to make Trina stop moving then she would be able to burn her body. Trina tried to get out of the way, but Miranda was still able to get her, a thin cut going from her shoulder to her hip.

“You bitch!”

“I’m not a dog!”

--

“Dam it Miranda,” Danielle hissed. Looking at her sister fighting one of the two females with her. Her sister wasn’t the best at hand to hand or swordplay, so she knew her sister had something in mind, or she was going to die. Knowing her sister the women in front of her was going down, no matter how injured she herself got.  

“You’re sister is something else,” Hakan said while leaning against one of the trees. This would be a perfect way to let the others leave. Everyone was too focused on the fight in front of them. “Don’t worry, I want you to join us. Besides, I’m not foolish enough to start a fight, while knowing I won’t win.”

“You don’t care about her?”

“Trina was never one to think things through.”

“She’s always one to jump into things,” the other female said while landing next to Hakan. Her short raven hair was behind her ears, but on strand was sitting in-between her eyes.

“Siria, what’s this fight about?” Hakan asked her.

“Hell if I know,” Siria said. “The girl didn’t want to give up her human. Trina knows she doesn’t have energy for a fight. Then again that girl must likely doesn’t have a lot of magic left either.”

“Jerry stay behind me,” Danielle whispered. Jerry only nodded and watched as Miranda fought, despite her bleeding arm, where the other girl had cut her. 

--

Trina glared at the girl in front of her. She was losing this fight, so she thought she could use the boy. Threaten to kill him if the bitch didn’t put her weapon down. However, she wasn’t able to find him. It also pissed her off that she was more wounds than the girl in front of her, despite being older and the more powerful of the two.