Chapter Seven- Twenty Questions

“Why does Josue call you ‘Master’,” Miranda asked as she sat on her new bed. It was softer than the metal cage she was stuck in “and why did he call me ‘Mistress’?”

“It was the way he was raised,” Austin told her, while putting her chest at the end of her bed. He would have to do something about it later “everyone from the Seth family is like that. It’s the reason, my family has hired them for centuries,”

“Well, I don’t like being called ‘Mistress Miranda’ or ‘Mistress Yesenia’,” she muttered while lying down, Austin sitting near her feet “Or have you tried that already,”

“Tried and failed.”

“No point then?”

“None,” Austin told her while poking her feet, the double bed having enough space for the two of them “how did you find dinner? I didn’t think vampires ate human food,”

“Make me sound like an animal, why don’t ya,” she muttered her under breath, before sitting up and pointing a finger at Austin “we don’t drink blood to live, we only need a bit of blood to keep our energy or ‘magic’ up, which in turn keeps our healing up,”

“I see, sorry about that,”

“It’s fine,”

“Okay, now we can play twenty questions,” Austin said while taking Miranda’s hand in his own, a giant smile on his face “this way we can learn about each other.”

“Twenty questions? I swear you’re making games up now,” Miranda told him, crossing her legs so she wouldn’t fall backwards “anyway… how is it played?”

“I ask you a question, you answer or you can pass and vice versa,”

“Okay, so I’ll go first?”

“Sure,” he smiled. He didn’t know what she wanted to know, but he was fine with her going first “so, Miranda, what do you want to know,”

“How are old you are?” Miranda asked she was going to ask simply questions at first, then she would start asking more personal questions.

“I’ll be turning nineteen this year. How old are you Miranda?” Austin asked. He didn’t know how old she was physically and actually. He never trusted the files his father gave him, since it said she was around two thousand years old.

“I was born two hundred and forty-seven, but was turned two hundred and thirty,” she said while thinking about her physical age “so I was seventeen when I was ‘turned’.”

Austin’s jaw almost dropped, their files were way off. However that meant she was born during the eighteenth century.

“What’s your favourite colour, Austin?”