Chapter Thirty- Mates

"Austin, you're like a big baby!"

"I am not!"

"You're covered in blood," Miranda said while pointing to his grey t-shirt from the tree she was sitting in. She smiled when he pouted. "Didn't you mother tell you not to play with your food? Also, you're a newborn vampire."

Austin only rolled his eyes at her. "Why did you change me?" he asked. He knew his feelings for her, but didn't know her feelings for him.

"You risked your life for mine."

"So no other reason?"

"What makes you think there was another reason?"

"The two or so times you kissed me back."

"That doesn't mean anything," Miranda whispered looking at the branch above her.

"It doesn't?" Austin asked while jumping on the branch next to hers, smiling when he saw who red her checks were. "Danielle told me something."

"What did Danielle tell you?"

"That no one could love you. Is that true?"

"I'm... I."

"Miranda, you're not a monster."

"I am."

"No matter what you do, you'll never change my mind about you."

Miranda only looked at him, before putting her head back on her knees. She was a monster, it was just a fact. Austin smiled. He knew that it would take some time for her to get used to the thought of being love.

"Miranda, you're a beautiful soul."

"Tell that to the people I've killed."

"That was over a hundred years ago." Austin told her. "Besides you feel guilty about it. That proves you aren't a monster, after all a monster doesn't feel guilt."

-

Austin looked at the bathroom door. He knew Miranda felt guilty about the thing she had done in her life, but he wished he had the courage to tell her how much he loved her.

"Why won't she accept me? Or herself?" he asked himself as soon as he finished his sentence, his phone rang, somehow his IPhone was still working, quickly answering the unknown number. "Hello?"

"Hey, Austin I thought you'd be up and about by now."

"Danielle? How did you get my number?"

"Jerry," Danielle told him. Austin could only sigh at her words, of course he gave Danielle his number. "Still haven't told her?"