Chapter Twenty-Three- The Truth about Demon Angels

“Miranda? What’s going to happen?” Austin asked.

Miranda didn’t have time to answer, since the red light got brighter and brighter before disappearing. Austin didn’t know what he saw, since it was just blared colours going into the sky, but a man stayed on the ground.

Jerry thought he looked like what his dad told him they looked like, tall, broad and muscular. With short red hair and bright red eyes.

“What do we have here?” he asked looking around the field. “Five humans, three of them knocked out. Two demons angels? Isn’t that what the humans started called you?”

“Austin, I need you to leave,” Miranda whispered keeping an eye on the man in front of her. She tried getting up, but Austin just tightened his hold on her. “You, Danielle and Jerry need to get out of here.”

“Do you really think he’s going to let us leave?” Austin whispered back.

“Little boy’s right.”

“Who the hell are you?” Danielle hissed making sure he wouldn’t be able to get to Jerry, at least, not without going through her first. “What the hell do you want?”

“Who am I?” the man hissed while knocking on of the tree over. Miranda flinched at the sound, but kept her eyes on him, “It seems my ungrateful little fucking sister, has hidden my existence.”

“That doesn’t answer my question,” Danielle shouted. She was trying to think of a way to get away from the mad men. However, she needed him to forget about the humans in the area. It might let the other three live, but she didn’t care if they died, no, she just wanted to make sure Austin and Jerry lived.

“You should always tell your name first,” he said a smile on his face. “I’ll tell you my name and what I want, if you tell me your first and last name.”

“Danielle Black.”

“One down, one more to go.”

“Didn’t you just want my name?”

“No, I want both demon angel’s names.”

“Miranda Black.”

“I’m Hakan. Summer’s older twin,” Hakan said while looking at the four on the ground. The other three were still out cold, but he guessed two of them would be out for a while, since they’re large size meant more force when they hit the ground. “And we’re going to show the humans whose boss, who were the first ones to grace the earth’s land.”

“Dear god,” Miranda muttered. Austin just looked at her with wide eyes, but when he opened his mouth to ask the crazy man a question, she covered his mouth with her hand. “What the hell do you mean?”

“Didn’t you know?” Hakan asked looking at her. Miranda didn’t move a muscle. “You don’t, this is sad. You don’t know about how the humans came to be.”