Chapter Three- Austin's Curiosity

Miranda had been in that horrible basement for two weeks and she hated every second of it. While it seemed that Drew didn’t use sexual abuse, he wasn’t above using physical and emotional. She hadn’t been able to hunt and that was torturous in itself and dangerous for anyone with blood.

Her blood lust might activated and it was the one trait that might the humans hate them, thinking it was just them being monster and wanting to kill their kind. Blood lust wasn’t the need to survive, but a basic instinct, one that wanted to keep up their energy.

Her skin was covered in bruises, burns and cuts, each one standing out on her pale skin. At first they would just heal, but her healing was getting slower the longer she was without blood. Her muscles would be the next thing that would be effected. If she was without blood for a year, then she would die. It didn’t have anything to do with blood lust, but a lack of energy to keep her body moving and her organs going.

The silver didn’t help, slowing down her healing and thought process. Silver wasn’t deadly to her or her kind, but was enough to slow down pretty much everything. Some of the turned and half-bloods had dead from having too much gold or silver in their bodies.

She was glad that she was born after the late 1600’s, since she was sure that he would’ve cut them off. He was known for keeping her kind alive, just so he could kill them slowly. Barely any one had gotten away from him alive.

Logan of the noble Jaden family was the only one to ever get away. His story was one filled with torture and horrors, ones done at the hands of the man who kept her in a cage. His parents had been kind enough to pass the story alone, one that Logan had written.

The Jaden’s were close to her family and Logan had been one of her friends. It’s been four years since she saw them, along with the Angela and Lynn families. Three years since the Zion and Aubree families. Two years since the Rea and Brayan family. The Allen’s disappeared only six months before her own family.

He and his guild were able to track down the twelve half-blood families. She didn’t know many of them, since they were easier to kill then the pure bloods.

Two weeks and the only way she could tell, was the fact that he came down in the afternoons and stayed until dinner. Where Josue would always come to tell him that dinner was ready. Miranda was starting to love Josue’s voice, it meant the monster was going and she would be left alone in peace.

After the second time he came down, Drew started to demand for information. Small things like their wings to weakness that humans didn’t know about. He wouldn’t tell her what he needed it for, but she was sure that he’d use it against her.

She didn’t know if she was the last, but if she told him these things. It would make it easier for them to track them down, if they were any left. It was the only thing she hoped for, that some of her kind was just in hiding.

It was how she got the burn on the back of her leg. It was the reason that her jeans were ripped between her knee and hip, her singlet just under her breast.

He had left her fangs alone, but she wasn’t sure how long that had last. The only reason they were still in her skull, was the fact, that no matter what she never used them against the horrible human.