Chapter Twenty-One- Spells

Austin and Jerry looked at each other, then the couple in front of them. Both Savanna and Parker looked like they were on a mission, so the two didn’t know how they were going to make them leave. They had to, given Miranda’s warning, the two couldn’t be here.

“Parker? Savanna?” Austin asked while walking next to them. Savanna smiled at him, while Parker never took his eyes of the blondes. “What are you doing here?”

“If you’re looking for dad, I’m sure his till at his hotel,” Jerry said keeping an eye on Parkers weapon, which was clearly hanging off his belt.

“He isn’t there,” Parker told them. A silence fall on the group, until the overweight man took his eyes off the two in front of them, to look at his friend’s sons. “Austin. Did you know your girlfriend was a vampire? Seeing this, she might be a witch?”

“So we’re witch hunters now?” Austin asked narrowing his eyes at the two. “We’ve killed the vampires off, so why don’t we do the same with witches.”

“We have nothing against her personality,” Savanna told him, while putting a hand on the boys head. “She’s just not human.”

--

Miranda could tell something was going on, Austin’s voice sounded slightly further away… along with Jerry’s. However, she trusted the two and knew they would never backstab her.

Danielle just looked at her sister with a raised eyebrow. She didn’t ask, since they had just finished the first step and were preparing for the second. The original seal was slowly going back together, however, the demons were still them. They wanted their freedom.

“Miranda.” Danielle said. When her sister nodded she continued. “Are you ready for the second stage?”

Miranda nodded at her sister’s question. Danielle only sighed, they had to draw attention away from Miranda, since she was the one who knew all six stages and the only one, who could do them. She might be able to, but Miranda was the one who knew these spells off by heart, it was simply second nature to her.

“Be careful, sis, please don’t put your guard down.”

“I won’t, Danielle, trust me.”

--

“That’s the only reason you kill vampires?” Jerry asked while looking at the two. He narrowed his eyes and glared at the two. They weren’t smart enough to do this themselves. “Who sent you? And don’t bother lying to me.”

“Drew did,” Savanna told him tearing her eyes away from Jerry and to the bright light coming from behind the trees. “When you went missing, he knew that girl was part of the reason.”

“That’s were both you are wrong. I ran away.”

“Jerry, you have no reason to run.”

“I have many reasons.”