Chapter Sixteen- Katana: Amana (Loyal, Faith) and Ludmilla (Beloved)

“That was easy.”

“Jerry, don’t get cocky,” Danielle told him from her car. Miranda was looking at the map on a panic table “the only reason we didn’t go back to my house, is because I thought someone was watching us,”

“Paranoid.”

“She has a right to be,” Miranda said looking at her mother’s map and then a modern one, trying to find where it was “we’ve been hunted for years, so we learned early one to watch what we do,”

“Thought we only killed the ones who go nuts?”

“One toe out of line and we died,” Danielle told him “while, yes, it was only the Level C’s and Level 3’s that got killed, we still had that fear.”

“I see.” Jerry said from his sit “wait. Level C and Level 3’s?”

“Level C is for a turned vampire,” Miranda told him, while looking at the two “Level 3 is for born vampires, half or full. Both mean ‘crazy’ or ‘lost the plot’ or ‘evil’.”

“A vampire had to be at that level for a vampire hunter to kill them,” Danielle said while Miranda went back to her book “until your father decided to just kill all of us,”

Austin and Jerry looked at the ground. Both of them should’ve known this, Austin more so, but he can’t really remember a time when his dad was sane.

“I find it!” Miranda shouted jumping onto her seat, a giant smile on her face “it’s four or five hours out of Boston!”

“Which direction?”

“Danielle, it’s North West!”

“Miranda, just pin point it on the map and I’ll plan a route,”

“Thanks Danielle,”

“Miranda is it always like this?” Austin asked Miranda, while Danielle looked at the map, trying to find the fastest route “And where did the book go?”

“Back into the seal behind my ear.”

“Okay… so is it?”

“Pretty much.”

“Austin, I just thought so something,” Jerry said while looking at the two, he was looking at the weapons they had ‘borrowed’ “Miranda doesn’t like her gift, Danielle’s really isn’t for combat… they’ll need a weapon.”

“Huh?” Austin asked while looking at his brother “that’s nice and all, but I’m sure neither Miranda nor Danielle can use silver.”

“It’s nice knowing you care.” Danielle said looking across from her “we can barely use gold, and that’s one of the weaker metals.”