Chapter Twenty- The Spell Begins

“It’s fine, Danielle.”

“Miranda, it’s not,” Danielle told her sister, when they walked into the clearing. “We had to make a quick stop. You forgot about the formal wear…”

“Mira, did something happen?” Austin asked when he looked at the girl. She was curled up in a ball, tear marks down her checks.

“Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to us,” Danielle said while walking to her sister and picking her up by her armpits. “Miranda Harper Black, you don’t hide anything from me!”

“Like you hide the fact that you weren’t dead? Right.”

“It’s not the same.”

“How isn’t it the same?”

“It’s -”

“I don’t want to hear it!” Miranda shouted, pulling away from her sister’s arms “father thought he lost you. He would cry and hug both Damian, until mother’s death, she didn’t know what do to. I didn’t know what to do.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Sure you are, Danielle, sure you are.”

“Anyway…” Jerry said looking at the two. The bag in his arms wasn’t getting heavy, but Danielle didn’t tell him or Austin why they were carrying them. “Can you tell us what’s in the bag?”

“Clothes.”

“Danielle, want me to talk to Miranda,” Austin said looking at the two. He didn’t know what was going on, but they would need to concert “you can talk to Jerry if you want to.”

“Sure… but we’ll need to do the sealing first,” Danielle told him while taking the first bag from Austin “give the other one to Miranda, we’ll need to get changed.”

“Don’t worry, Austin,” Miranda said while taking the other bag “somethings are just left… forgotten and not brought out.”

“You’ll also need to get changed.”

“Why?” Jerry asked looking at the two bags that he was holding. “We’re not doing the spell? So why do we have to change, that and it’s freezing out here.”

“Sorry Jerry, but it’s better safe than sorry.”

“She’s right, it’ll trick the demons,” Miranda told them “the dark green one is for Austin, the dark blue one if yours, Jerry.”

--

Danielle was the first to get dressed. Her dress was from the Victorian Era, around the time she started to do spells. She didn’t brother with them when she was mortal and she barely did any until Queen Victoria come to power.