Chapter 9

I need to go somewhere, Lynn said coming into Owens office.

Okay, he said not looking up from his paperwork.

"I need to go somewhere alone," she said shifting from one foot to another. He opened a drawer and pulled out car keys. He held them out and she looked at him suspiciously.

"I only ask that you give me a time estimate and be back before dark," Owen said finally looking up.

"Well, I dont know how long I will be because Im not exactly sure how long it will take me to get where I need to be. I dont even know where the hell I am other than your place and we havent left the state," She sighed trying to keep her frustration at bay.

"Okay, how about you text me when you get there so I know you made it okay and then you text me when you leave so I know when to expect you back?" Owen tried to compromise.

"I can do that," she nodded.

He opened his wallet and handed her his card. "Just in case you need gas or snacks or something," he offered. She debated on taking it then finally he just put it in her hand. "My pin never changed."

"I dont want Luke following me or anyone else," She frowned. "I need to do this on my own."

"I cant promise that Darling, Im sorry but I think we both know he or someone else would just straight out ignore my command and would willingly take the consequences for it," he sighed honestly.

"Fine, since you compromised I will," she sighed. "I will let North put a tracking device on the car and leave my location on so Victor and Corey can track me but I dont want you investigating where I am going afterwards AT ALL."

"The car already has tracking on it," North admitted as the group came in. "But we are willing and will obey to the compromise."

The rest of the group agreed and she sighed. "Okay, thank you Mr. Blackbourne," she said going to her room to get ready to leave. She grabbed her bag from the closet and a water bottle. She headed to the garage and winced when she noticed the car key was to the 1967 Shelby GT500 the men got her when she turned 17. North and Brandon had customized it for her and made sure it had everything she would ever need and want. She left it at the house when she left those seven years ago. She took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She got in and sat for a few minutes fighting back tears. She finally got herself under control and noticed that they had set up a blue tooth component so she synced up her phone and even noticed the car now had a touch screen with a map, so she put in the location to where she wanted to go. She put the car in reverse and started to her destination.

"We really arent following her?" Luke asked as they watched her from the window and laptops.

"No, we have to trust her," Owen shook his head.

"It was a major step for her to ask for permission to leave in her own way that is," Axel shrugged. "Ill take it as a step of faith to trusting us again."

"Hell, she even fucking compromised on tracking her," Gabriel said popping down on the couch. "Thats fucking huge."

"Where do you think she is going?" North asked.

"My guess," Kota answered, "since she grabbed her bag with the lock box in it, somewhere involving that box in some way."

"We have to trust her," Silas said turning on the TV.

"Besides," Raven said, "She no back dark I track her bring her home."

Three hours later Lynn pulled up to the building. "Hey Lynn," The office manager smiled as she came in. Lynn smiled as she walked over to her. "Would you like to go ahead and take care of the payment?"

"Sure, another year is fine," she said making sure to grab her card instead of Owens. She made the payment and wave as she headed to her destination.

She heading to her room and put in the code into the lock. She took a deep breath and opened the door. She slipped inside and relocked the door. She turned on her pandora and took a deep breath. She held it for a second then slowly released it. She turned on the light and looked around at the boxes and things that held her most precious memories and feelings. She walked over to the desk that was a replica of Owens and sat down. She ran her fingers through her hair and opened a drawer that contained notebooks. She opened one to a free page and started writing. After awhile she placed the notebook back and went over to the armoire. She opened it and smiled softly at the fourteen shirts and fourteen jackets/hoodies hanging there. She ran her fingers over them wishing that they still smelled like their owners. She sighed and wiped the tears that were kissing her cheeks. She opened a drawer and gently touched the fourteen cologne bottles and then the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash containers that laid there. She shut it and sat on the floor before opening the bottom drawer. She gently opened and pulled out a box. She opened it and frowned at all the unopened letters she had sent out to them at different times in the years she spent at that house years ago but the letters came back with a Return to Sender written on them. She sighed and placed the lid back on it. She put it back and pulled out another box. Inside were various pictures from when she was a teenager with the fourteen men she considered as her best friends and then boyfriends at one time before fame came between them. She got lost in her memories for some time. When she came back to reality, she realized she had been gone for about four hours not including the three hours to drive to where she was. She sighed and put everything back. She pulled out her lock box and placed it in the desk before locking the drawers. She left the room and locked it. She sent a text to Owen letting him know that she was heading to the car and it would be roughly three hours before she got back.

He replied that dinner would be ready by then and she said that was fine and she didnt want to be questioned about where she was. He replied that they wont and to drive safe. She got in her car and turned on Popular Monster by Falling in Reverse and hit the road.

"Shes on her way back," Victor said as a beep popped up on his laptop.

"Where was she?" Brandon asked.

"An office building of some sort three hours away," Corey said.

"Dont look into it anymore," Owen said coming into the room. "She will tell us at her own time. We have to trust her."

"We are willing and will obey," they said in unison even though they didnt really like it.

She came back right before it got dark. "Thank you," she said handing Owen the car keys and headed up to her room. She put her bag back in the closet. She ate without saying anything then went to bed. The day was hard on her.

"Shes been crying," Luke said when he came back down from checking on her.

"Hopefully she will open up to us soon," Sean sighed.