Chapter 28

"What do you want to do today Cupcake?" Luke asked as she came bouncing down the stairs. He could tell she was in a good mood and that made him happy. He could tell the rest of the team was happy to see her in good spirits.

"Actually I want to go through some more boxes," She said smiling. "I don't know what it is but I feel like I can do it and be okay."

"That's great Ten," Kota smiled at her. "I have an assignment but when you take breaks I want updates. I can't wait to see the progress when I get back." She pouted and hugged him. "I won't be long, it will just be a few hours. Hey, if it takes longer I will let you know but I should be back by dinner at the latest, okay?" She nodded and he smiled. "I will text you when I start to head home okay?"

"Same here Pookie," Sean said as he read his phone that just went off and he grabbed his white coat. She immediately let go of Kota and went to hug him. "Oh Pookie," he smiled and hugged her tighter.

"Sorry Princess but I have a rehearsal that can't be rescheduled, I have an upcoming recital that I can't wait for Gabe to dress you up to come see," Victor said getting up and putting his plate in the sink. "You will be my unofficial official date."

"What?" She asked rushing to hug him.

"You will come see me perform but you won't be my red carpet date. Mr. B will join me on the carpet but then someone will bring you to the back and you will watch me from my room so no one will see you and I can immediately come back to you once I'm done performing," he explained and she beamed.
"The rest of us will be home in case you want help going through your stuff," Owen said drinking his cup while watching her try to accept that they have to leave for a little bit. She seemed to be a little more okay with it than last time but he had a feeling she would find some way to incorporate them with her while they were gone.

"Okay," She mumbled as she went and hugged Kota, Victor, and Sean once again at the front door. She watched them leave and once they were out of sight she whined, "Meanie?"

"I got you Trouble," he smiled softly as he pulled her into her room. He left for a few minutes then came back with Kota's shirt and Sean's pajama pants. He handed her one of Victor's cds and then hugged her while she cried for a couple of minutes. "They will come back Trouble, you know it. Just think of it this way, Kota is helping people, Doc is saving people, and Vic is getting ready to make a lot of people feel real good with his music. We can't be selfish and keep their talents all to ourselves although we really want to, right?"

"Right," She mumbled into his stomach. "What am I going to do when you have to go make people beautiful and create amazing artwork to make people happy?"

"Oy Trouble," he chuckled. "I am fucking painting here with you of fucking course, but when I have to go do fucking fashion, you know I will be blowing up your goddamn phone."

"Thank you Meanie," she whispered.

"For what?" he asked confused.

"Not making me feel silly," she whispered.

"There's no reason for you to feel silly Cupcake," Luke said coming into the room. "We really love the fact you are starting to be clingy instead of pushing us away."

"Always," She pouted and held her arms out. Gabe laughed and moved out of the way so Luke could come hug her. "Promise?"

"Promise promise Cupcake," he said kissing the top of her head. She sighed in content. "Now are you ready to go change then tackle those boxes?"

"Will you help me?" She asked and he nodded. She smiled then went to the bathroom. When she came back in Kota's shirt and Sean's pants Luke smiled and picked her up. He smiled as she giggled and held Victor's CD as Luke carried her down to the room with her stuff. Axel put the CD in for her and Luke set her down. "Okay, let's do this," she sighed as she opened a box.

"Wow, look at you," Nathan said as he leaned against the door frame.

"Hi Honey," She smiled as she stopped what she was doing.

"You have done a lot in the past four hours," he said looking at the various trash bags and open boxes.

"You think?" she asked tilting her head.

"Yeah Peanut, you may not see it, but I do," he smiled. "Do you want to point to the ones that are trash and I'll go ahead and take them out of here for you?"

"Thank you," She smiled. "These are complete trash or stuff I don't want anymore," She said pointing to certain ones. "These ones have pills that I don't know how Dr. Sean wants to handle. I can't just take the pills out, I can't," She shook her head. "So um," She took a deep breath, "I just put the whole thing in there. These boxes have knives in them so you might want to take to Owen and Raven and Axel about what they want to do with those."

"Okay Peanut," Nathan said walking over to her and kissed her forehead. "You are doing so great, we are so proud of you."

"Thank you Honey," She whispered hugging him tightly. She tried to hide a yawn but he noticed.
"Why don't I have Gabe make you a bath and you take a break? You don't have to do all this in one day. You don't want to overdue it."

"Okay," she nodded and turned off Victor's music. Nathan sent Gabe a text then picked her up and carried her up to her room. Gabe came out of the bathroom and took her from him. She took a bath and then when she got out she found Gabe had given her one of Sean's shirts, Kota's pants and one of Victor's blankets were on her bed with a note to take a nap and someone would wake her when dinner was ready. She smiled and crawled into bed, turned on a movie then drifted off to sleep.