Chapter 23

"Have you noticed shes slipping?" Silas asked the group after she went to bed a couple of months later.

"I thought maybe but I wasnt sure if I was just jumping to conclusion," Kota nodded.

"Something is going on but I dont know what it could be," Sean said shaking his head, "She is doing great health wise and we havent pushed on a relationship."

"Im sorry," Lynn said softly from the doorway. They looked up to see her near tears. "Tomorrow is just going to be really hard on me."

"Why? Whats tomorrow Baby?" North asked picking her up and carrying her over to the couch so she could sit on his lap. She started shaking her head. He held her face and once she was looking at him he pushed, "What is tomorrow? Tell me Baby."

"Angels due date," She barely whispered then closed her eyes. Even though she barely spoke the entire team heard her. "October first and May fifth are very hard on me, Im sorry."

"Dont be Baby, we will get through tomorrow together, okay?" He asked and she nodded. She burst into tears and he rubbed her back.

"Have you tried to celebrate Trouble?" Gabriel asked and she shook her head.

"I cant get out of bed," she admitted in between sobs.

"OK, then we celebrate in bed," Gabriel shrugged.

"Celebrate?" She asked confused. "What is there to celebrate?"

"The fact that we created something so fucking special," Gabriel explained. "We fucking created a goddamn miracle, an angel and they were so special that the spirits needed our angel with them. They knew this world is too cruel for our miracle so they took them back to prevent them from being hurt and are watching them until we are able to reunite. We can still celebrate our miracle angel."

"I dont know what to do," She sniffled into Norths chest. "I dont know if I can."

"Thats fine Trouble, I can do everything," he said as he sat beside her and North. "Can I?"

She nodded, "I think that would be wonderful, thank you Meanie."

"Thank you for letting me and letting us know," he said softly. "I can handle both days, just let me."

"Okay," she yawned. "Sleepover?"

"Okay Darling, we can do that," Owen said and the rest nodded. They cast glances at one another in the hall, it was the first time they would sleep together in months. It was another step toward repairing their relationship.

Once everyone else was changed North carefully placed in her Owens arms then went to go change as well. While the rest of the team watched movies, Gabe started working on writing down everything in his head. Every once in a while someone would walk by and give their input or tell Owen softly to not wake Lynn and he would give his input as well.

"Just be quiet, let her sleep as long as possible," Lynn woke up to Marc hushing Luke. She snuggled closer and could tell it was Raven. Raven tightened his grip, "Sleep Kitten," he deep whispered. She hummed and snuggled until she could hear his heartbeat then slipped back into sleep.

The next time she woke she could tell that Axel was holding her. "Sleep well Doll?" he asked when he felt her start to stir.

"Better than I have in a long time," She yawned as she sat up. "Sleep better with all of you."

"We can always start taking turns sleeping with you," Luke joked.

"That sounds good," She said heading to the bathroom. "Fifty Two can work out a schedule," She slipped into the bathroom, missing the shocked looked on everyones faces.

"Did she just fucking say what I think she said?" Gabriel asked after picking up his mouth from the floor.

"Im not going to question it," Kota shrugged. "I will get started on that later today. Two at a time sounds good so that everyone will get a turn during the week."

She came out of the bathroom and curled back up on the couch, "Here you go Cupcake," Luke said as he handed her a cup of hot cocoa.

"Thank you," she whispered as she stared out the window.

"Can you try and eat something Beautiful?" Marc asked and she sighed then nodded. Marc picked her up and carried her over to the table.

"I know you want to stay in bed Trouble, but I think it would be good to go visit Angel," Gabriel said as he sat beside her. North cut up her chocolate chip pancakes and remained silent about them, which shocked Luke but he was smart enough not to say anything about it. North fed her a couple of bites then handed her the cup of hot chocolate.

She sighed and played with the fork for a bit. "I think.I think that would be a good idea Meanie," she whispered.

They went out to the gravesite and had some cake and they put new toys in the ground. "Its hard to believe they would be six now," she whispered as she traced the letters. "I cant even imagine what they would look like or be interested in and I will never know," she burst into tears.

"Oh Pookie," Sean sighed as she curled up into Silas lap.

"They would have your chocolate eyes and brown hair and they would love to spend the morning watching cartoons in bed with you before North or Marc would come get the both of you can carry you down for breakfast. With Kota being as smart as he is and with all of our help we would be homeschooling so they would be smart in all sorts of stuff," Sean said softly.

"I can just imagine art class being covered in paint or clay or fabrics or markers, or maybe just everything," Gabriel chuckled.

"And the kitchen always being a mess with Lucian and Marc being in there with Angel," North grunted.

"Angel would have a passion for all animals thanks to Silas and Axel," Brandon nodded. "And know how to heal with Doc around."

"And be learning how to work on cars and play music with North and Brandon and Owen and Victor," She sniffled. "Angel would have learned everything from all of you and now they cant."