Chapter 29

She woke up gasping and looked around, it was just a nightmare it wasn't real. She took a few more deep breaths then got out of bed. She started trembling and entered the hall.

"Hey Doll," Axel smiled as he left his room. She burst into tears and he instantly scooped her up. "What's wrong Doll?" He asked as he lifted her up more to get a better grasp on her. He saw the rest of the team rushing into the hall and looked at them just as confused as he was. "Try and take a deep breath and tell me what's wrong Doll?"

"You left me and said it was a mistake to come back and you found another bird to share that wanted children and wasn't a constant reminder of what I lost and wasn't so messed up," she said in between sobs. "I kept calling out and you kept walking away and didn't look back. You said I had changed too much and you fell out of love with me."

"Oh Doll," Axel sighed as he held her closer. "That's not true at all. It was just a very mean bad nightmare played out by your anxiety and fears. I promise it's not real at all."

"It's not," the team said in unison as they came over and kissed her head since she was snuggled into Axel. She let out a yawn.

"Come on Doll, let's go lay back down until dinner is ready, okay?" She shook her head and he chuckled. "I will stay with you and keep the bad dreams away, I promise." She tightened her grasped on him and he nodded to the team. He carried her back into his room and laid them on his bed. "Come on Doll, let's get you under the dream catcher. Do you remember what I told you about it?" He asked softly as he rubbed her back. She didn't move so he chucked and sighed. "My ancestors created the dream catcher to allow the spirits to filter through our dreams and let the good ones pass and catch the bad ones and destroy them."

"Tell me more,"She whispered as she slowly relaxed under his touch.

He smiled and took a deep breath and began telling her different Native American mythology that had been passed down to him. After a few short stories he noticed she was asleep and completely relaxed. He rolled them to their sides and scooted her closer to him. He held her close and looked up when he heard the door open.

"Is she okay now?" Owen asked and Axel nodded. "Good, I will let you know when dinner is ready but if she is still drained then she can just eat later."

"She's making progress," Axel whispered, "She told us instead of keeping it bottled up."

"Hopefully we can assure her mind soon so these fears will disappear," Owen said nodding.

"I think the rings and our reassurance will help. It also helps when she sees how excited we are to see her when we come back," Axel said and Owen nodded.

"I will let Dr. Green, Mr. Lee, and Mr. Morgan know what has happened since they are suppose to text her. I will have them text me first and if she is still sleeping then we will just let her sleep, she needs it."

"Sounds good," Axel said and Owen left. About two hours later she started to stir and he smiled down at her. "Feel better Doll?" he asked and she scooted closer to him. He chuckled and helped her move to where she could hear his heartbeat. "Now do you feel better?"

"Mhmm," She smiled softly. "Sorry about earlier," She whispered squeezing him tighter.

"Don't be," he said softly. "I'm glad you told me, we don't want those lies tricking you." He rubbed her back for a few more minutes then asked, "Are you ready to go see if dinner is ready?"

"Carry me please?" She asked timidly.

"Of course Doll," He smiled and she beamed. He picked her up then looked down at her, "How about we put this in your room for now?" He asked taking the dream catcher off his headboard and carried her and it to her room. He sat her down and hung it above the center of her headboard. He picked her back up and once she had wrapped her legs around his waist and arms around his neck he started to carry her down the hallway toward the stairs.

"Wait, Prince's blanket," she called out making Axel stop at the top of the stairs.

"Oh I see how it is, you would rather have myblanket than me Princess?" Victor asked grinning at the bottom of the stairs.